Bag lost while jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldnt be surprised if it was DAL.
But i can see that happen with any airlines.
It's impossible to hire 100% cool pilots.
Im glad they found it.

I have never seen a Capt on the 757/767 refuse to allow a jumpseater to throw a bag upfront. Not saying it can't happen, but most guys I fly with have no problem with that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm here to tell you that it most certainly DID happen yesterday.

I'm here to tell you that it most certainly DID happen yesterday.

The poser is just here to stir crap.

Of course it happened. A very few pilots hate the inconvenience of jump seaters and their bags.... They have never commuted anywhere. Karma will pay back seven fold.

Have only checked ONE bag in almost 30 years....

I was forced to do so because of a Bitchy Sky-Hag who wouldn't even let me ask the Captain to put it up front, and insisted I Gate Check it and STFU.

I was a Full-Fare paying passenger but , unfortunately in uniform, due to a close connect time.

The real Bitch was...I was on my way to Captain Upgrade Training and had ONE day at home to BUY ALL NEW luggage, clothing, shaver, etc.,etc., etc.

The bag was lost...I filed a claim. the airline paid me $900.00 to cover my items.

I bitched to my company....they paid me $ 400.

6 months later....Yes, that's right....My bag shows up in a totally different city ...3000 miles away, abandoned on MY airline's Ramp with a note saying...."We went through the contents and think this my be one of YOUR Captain's. " (?)

A Royal Pain In The Azz...BUT:

- $900 + $400 = $1300.00 to the GOOD in my Bank Account.

- All NEW Clothes, Baggage Personal Items.....FREE.

- All Previous items...Returned in perfect condition.

A Nice ending to the Story....However:

I have never checked a bag since....and, hopefully, never will.

I carry a 20 inch rollaboard and head out into the World for 17 days at time, and it never leaves my side.

:)

YKW

Last edited:
Have only checked ONE bag in almost 30 years....

I was forced to do so because of a Bitchy Sky-Hag who wouldn't even let me ask the Captain to put it up front, and insisted I Gate Check it and STFU.

I was a Full-Fare paying passenger but , unfortunately in uniform, due to a close connect time.

The real Bitch was...I was on my way to Captain Upgrade Training and had ONE day at home to BUY ALL NEW luggage, clothing, shaver, etc.,etc., etc.

The bag was lost...I filed a claim. the airline paid me $900.00 to cover my items.

I bitched to my company....they paid me $ 400.

6 months later....Yes, that's right....My bag shows up in a totally different city ...3000 miles away, abandoned on MY airline's Ramp with a note saying...."We went through the contents and think this my be one of YOUR Captain's. " (?)

A Royal Pain In The Azz...BUT:

- $900 + $400 = $1300.00 to the GOOD in my Bank Account.

- All NEW Clothes, Baggage Personal Items.....FREE.

- All Previous items...Returned in perfect condition.

A Nice ending to the Story....However:

I have never checked a bag since....and, hopefully, never will.

I carry a 20 inch rollaboard and head out into the World for 17 days at time, and it never leaves my side.

:)

YKW

You mean you never returned the money?????

No wonder we went out of business.

I'm ashamed of these guys who wouldn't put your bag up front. Even if you were being a ****************************** in how you asked, there's plenty of room. Totally embarrassing.

I wouldnt be surprised if it was DAL.
But i can see that happen with any airlines.

DAL pilots have always been very accommodating when I have traveled on them. I know, my avatar line says "Delta sucks", but the pilots most definitely do not.

I don't jumpseat much anymore, but I believe it is my companies policy that no bags can be stored up front in the cockpit that are not owned by someone riding in the cockpit. JS rider may bring his bag, but we can't store it if he sits in the back.
The way I look at it is if the jumpseater is approved to ride in the cockpit then his bag can be there, even if he is in the back.

people! Its not about which airline-its about the people. Every airline has their own d-bags who will not help a commuter! For the most part, most are very helpful. I have been denied the same accommodation under the same circumstances and had to make another Delta branded flight seriously late because I had to go to baggage claim, go back through security and walk all the way back across the airport. That instance I was even positive space but the gate agent forced me to be the last one on board just to be a big B. The flight crew gave me the cold shoulder....

But on the flip side-I have had way more positive experiences so..... its the people. Just hope Karma catches up with the bad ones. Set the example and please do not be that guy getting revenge on another pilot for something someone else did.

Latest resources

Back