• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Backlash grows against full-body scanners in airports

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yea that will be good for the load factors and future employment in the industry. TSA is a farce, other countries have figured out this security thing, why can't we? Oh! I forget it would involve profiling and that might offend someone. BTW and looking at people through this machine doesn't?

Profile away. This politically correct BS is just that.

Have you gone through El Paso airport lately? It now takes two to three times as long to get through the security checkpoint, all because of the scanners.

With the screeners off in another room what are the guarantees that it is a woman and not some forty-year-old virgin geek leering at the scan of your daughter? Or for that matter a room full of pudgy African American women with three-inch rhinestone nails laughing at the size of your Johnson?

I'll pass...thanks.

Like I said the machine scanners look male to male and female to female. Plain and simple. Who cares if someone sees your small penis honestly? Like I said these machines are the sole reason as to why I'm getting picked up by TSA and I can tell you I can careless how big or small you may be. Maybe I'm going out on a limb, but the majority of TSA folks can careless also. Due to the past event's this is what it now takes to stay "safe" so just go along with it.

Like I said the machine scanners look male to male and female to female. Plain and simple. Who cares if someone sees your small penis honestly? Like I said these machines are the sole reason as to why I'm getting picked up by TSA and I can tell you I can careless how big or small you may be. Maybe I'm going out on a limb, but the majority of TSA folks can careless also. Due to the past event's this is what it now takes to stay "safe" so just go along with it.

OK.. So I have witnessed both men and women stand in line at the same scanner who chooses the screen the image is to go to? I did not witness an obvious switch at the scanner itself. What happens when you have one of those “Dude looked like a lady” moments? I guess as long as he/she was “tucked” it would be cool.

P.S. congrats on the job with the Department of Fatherland Security. It's got to be better than unemployment.

OK. All joking aside Lynx I can sympathize with the stress of being unemployed and the evident relief of finally finding a paycheck again. Been there and done that too.

I just get frustrated when I see our privacy and liberty slowly being stripped away bit by bit.

I'd say that a lot of TSA agents are going to have permanent disabilities and mental problems later on from constantly viewing the 90% of Americans that are obese fat-ass butt-ugly pigs.

Then why don't you move to Europe if everyone is so fat and ugly here? Better yet, move to Cuba you whiny pissant.

OK. All joking aside Lynx I can sympathize with the stress of being unemployed and the evident relief of finally finding a paycheck again. Been there and done that too.

I just get frustrated when I see our privacy and liberty slowly being stripped away bit by bit.

I get frustrated too having to take shoes off and pull laptops out. I understand, but if this is what it takes to be safe I'll gladly do it regardless of it giving me a job. BTW it will be nice to finally earn a somewhat decent wage, and go figure my aviation degree may finally payoff with moving up the ranks quicker.

Like I said the machine scanners look male to male and female to female.

Riiiiiight.....

I'm sure that rule will never be violated.

Like I said these machines are the sole reason as to why I'm getting picked up by TSA

You keep mentioning that. Are we all supposed to just shut up and take it because it provides jobs??

Due to the past event's this is what it now takes to stay "safe" so just go along with it.

No. What they need to do is profile, pure and simple. Others have done it with great success. We need to get rid of the "PC" horse-poop.

It boggles my mind that profiling is absolutely taboo and a violation of somebodies "rights", yet subjecting that same person to an outright strip-search via this machine is just fine and dandy.

Listen if it were up to me everyone I saw who made me wonder would be searched and sent through the machine, but I would be called a racist if this was the case. I totally agree with profiling, but unfortunately PC is the name of the game now.

Latest resources

Back