• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Back to school

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yip is correct... flying airplanes is pretty easy and there is no need for any form of a degree for that job.

Now if you wanted a vetting process then make passing calculus a requirement for an ATP.

That will reduce the number of pilots pretty darn quick and drive up wages. Not that it's necessary but it would reduce the number of idiots in the field ;)

Tell us again how you would know anything about being an airline pilot, being that you're a light twin Capt and all.

Calculus? Really? I would assume any one of us who got a four year degree had to pass this.

Last edited:
Calculus? Really? I would assume any one of us who got a four year degree had to pass this.
A lot of good prep high schools, like my son's, teach this. so college has nothing to do with Calculus

Never did calculus and never lost any sleep over it. If you can do a 3/1 ratio descent in your head that's about the highest math needed to be a pilot.

From looking at logbooks I'd suggest English 101 instead. ;)

Never did calculus and never lost any sleep over it. If you can do a 3/1 ratio descent in your head that's about the highest math needed to be a pilot.

From looking at logbooks I'd suggest English 101 instead. ;)

I about defecated on an FO's I-pad the other day trying that with his "awesome app"...took him like 2 mins to come up with the answer...

Time has told again, and again. It has told that you are wrong. There wil NEVER EVER, EVER be a shortage for the good jobs.
I have never said there will be pilot shortage since Avbug corrected me. What I have said since 2007, is that there will a hiring boom because filling the good jobs (whatever that may be?) will draw pilots from the not so good jobs, and then from the bad jobs, and then from the worst jobs

Latest resources

Back