• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Babysitting the airplane

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another exciting announcement at SWA recently ...........
An even more absurd and annoying proceedure at SWA is that........

The Classic Tranny Jackas$, thank God they really are the minority. I have flown with some great guys from AirTran, but recently I've been seeing more and more of these guys. I call them the Band Camp trannys..

This one time, at AirTran...

Just hoping I don't see a flute.

Fu(k guys, give it a rest. :puke:

That sounds fairly normal to me? Are you suggesting that other airlines leave pax on the plane with no crew? Someone trained on the A/C should remain with the A/C when it is powered up to monitor it. Ever seen a ramper who "knows" how to turn power on deploy the O2 masks? I have.
Why in the hell would you need to deploy O2 masks on the ground?

The Classic Tranny Jackas$, thank God they really are the minority. I have flown with some great guys from AirTran, but recently I've been seeing more and more of these guys. I call them the Band Camp trannys..

Hey Canyonblue,

Maybe when you get out from under Van De Ven's desk you'll realize SWA isn't as perfect as it is in your dreams. I just talked to a CA who sat with a plane for two hours at the end of his trip. You can't make this stuff up!

American?
Alaska?
JetBlue?
Frontier?
Spirit?

Just curious if any other majors do this. Thanks for the feedback.

At Alaska, no babysitting is required (it is requested by management to say good bye and smile for every deplaning pax). Management requests are frequently ignored.

Hey Canyonblue,

Maybe when you get out from under Van De Ven's desk you'll realize SWA isn't as perfect as it is in your dreams. I just talked to a CA who sat with a plane for two hours at the end of his trip. You can't make this stuff up!

Did he get per diem and any flight time duty rig credit for that?

I've had to sit and wait an hour for another crew at the end of the day...sucks but it is what it is...sent the FO home as soon as we parked and I waited...called scheduling to adjust my release time.

He is right on this one though. There's no reason for a pilot to remain onboard unless the APU is running and/or a fuel pump is on.

It is one of the more ... shall we say "unique" procedures.

And I'm not from AirTran (at least not since 98)

Hey Canyonblue,

Why in God's name would someone sit around for 2 hours!?

I'd bet if every pilot powered the aircraft "down to the blue light" before they left the aircraft that policy would get fixed real quick.

Latest resources

Back