• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B747 down in South America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two whales in the dirt, several injuries and now loss of precious life. Doesn't take employment at Kalitta to come to the realization that things aren't completely safe!!!!

Dude Shut the Hell UP!!! I forgot NW has never had anything happen (flaps). Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it!!

Warning

IF PEOPLE CONTINUE TO SLING MUD OR GIVE THEIR STUPID OPINION ON WHAT HAPPENEND, YOU WILL GET TIME OFF. THEY MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT BECAUSE EVERYONE SURVIVED. PLANES CAN BE REPLACED, PEOPLE CAN'T.

Amen to that Buckeye! Some people should just keep their opinions to them selves. RIP, the captain of the DC9 in Mexico and speedy recovery to all the guys in Colombia and the F/O in Mexico. uba757

hopefully they don't get into the same jam the excelaire crew found themselves in.

Not to hijack the thread.. curious what a 200 fully loaded with flowers grosses at compared to a regular load of cargo? I use to see a lot of you guys at the hotel in JFK. Good group of guys..Best of luck!

Flowers weigh next to nothing.

I'd be willing to bet that Kalitta's -200SF weigh the same as ours, 800K MTOW.

Pound for pound i'd bet that there was more fuel than payload onboard.

Good luck to all the Kalitta guys out there. There are several ex zoners there...

What is the ratio of Kallita's planes having some mechanical trouble has the root cause vs. Fedex? Oh wait, FedEx guys crash 'em with nothing wrong.

"let's land in TLH today about a mile from the runway in the mud, what do you say boys?"

"look, its kinda windy and no other DC-10's have crashed this morning, but you're about to be let go and I am retiring. So its up to you to run this sucker off the pavement and burn it up. Just remember to get your bags."

What's the matter, didn't get hired by FDX? Go back to your Saab sh!thead.

As for the Kalitta team, best wishes. It's been a terrible month.

?

How many aircrafts Fedex has? How huge of an operation they run? If they would crash an airplane per year it will still be way bellow 1%, but Kalitta's 2 crashes out of 20 airplanes is 10% of fleet(although they have less airplanes). Statistic Fedex( I'm not sure but they must have few hundred airplanes) should have higher risk for crashes than an operation of 20 airplanes.

Yeah, Fedex has lots of big, new shiney airplanes that sit more in a day than they fly...

Excuses, excuses, excuses!

Countbat, if you were half-way civilized you would keep your fracking fingers off the keyboard and your dipstick opinions to yourself until someone had completed the investigation...

Also, how did FDX get pulled into this?

We have over 400 airplanes and 1000 flights per day. Apples and oranges here.

Latest resources

Back