B747 down in South America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of you folks are unbelievable...

If you haven't been a part of a squadron/flight department that has had a string of $hitty times, STFU. I'm willing to bet that most that throw blame and suggest heads are hung haven't been through something like this. There are times when you just say sorry fellers, hope everything gets better. Causes will be figured out later, and yes we are all professionals that are held to a level few will ever understand - but none of that crap matters when you know it could be one of your best friends out there.

Godspeed on the recovery fellers, and fly safe. My family's thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.

Last edited:
Imagine flying a ten hour flight after being on duty for sixteen hours, landing, then having to fix the plane while the rest of the crew rests. Even though most PFE's are A&P's, how many have the required mx training to maintain a B747. A lot of long haul freighters carry mx.

Atlas did the same at the airport I work at. Atlas Mx assisted us with fueling (and servicing-we usually only get Lears or King Airs) as well as unloading humvees. Sorry to kinda hijack the thread.

My prayers to a speedy recovery! Crazy weekend for freight dawgs!

With the 2 Kalitta crashes and USA Jet, be ready for the media to put out a special report; "Cargo Airplanes, Terror from Above?" or "Up next. Should cargo aiircraft even be allowed to fly above populated areas? Our aviation expert says no":rolleyes:

I would not be surprised........really.

Last edited:
Some of you folks are unbelievable...

If you haven't been a part of a squadron/flight department that has had a string of $hitty times, STFU. I'm willing to bet that most that throw blame and suggest heads are hung haven't been through something like this. There are times when you just say sorry fellers, hope everything gets better. Causes will be figured out later, and yes we are all professionals that are held to a level few will ever understand - but none of that crap matters when you know it could be one of your best friends out there.

Godspeed on the recovery fellers, and fly safe. My family's thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.

Well Said.....

I would not wish any of this weekends events on anyone,,,,, even the dip $hits making these horrible accusations,,,,

God bless the families and all people involved,,,,

unbelievable the lack of respect a handful of posters have for an airlines unfortunate circumstance. Its a disgrace to see such disprespect posted when a tragedy strikes. I just wonder what the hell is going through there minds to be so crude and have unpolished statements.

The cause of the event will come out in an investigation as has every other airline incedent/accident. For now, I wish the crew a speedy recovery and hope your home ward bound soon.

A loaded up whale in a turn aint no ball of fire on 3 (if that was the case) wouldnt take much of a downdraft or weather situation to put them into a jam

Hang in there....

Hey gang sorry to here about these horrible events. I have several friends that went to Kalitta recently after the shut down of ATA. I hope that the Co. is strong enough to overcome these events and that you all can move forward with your lives without anymore misfortune. Good luck and stay strong!

With the 2 Kalitta crashes and USA Jet, be ready for the media to put out a special report; "Cargo Airplanes, Terror from Above?" or "Up next. Should cargo aiircraft even be allowed to fly above populated areas? Our aviation expert says no":rolleyes:

I would not be surprised........really.

Oh, you can count on that. Once we have a slow news week some editor will decide to hit the public with a nice "random death from above" segement to boost viewership/circulation.

I agree wholeheartedly that the "pilots" flinging negativity need to STFU. You aren't helping anyone and you are disrespecting your brother/sister pilots. It is like going to a funeral for a car crash victim to tell the mother of the deceased what a crummy driver her was. Bad F'ing taste and it doesn't change a thing.

The accident report will be out soon enough. Then we can all learn something. For now, lets act like the community of professionals we are supposed to be and support those affected by this weeks tragic events.

... Just one worn out turboprop drivers viewpoint anyway. Pay me no mind.

And how many operations per day and total aircraft were there vs. mishap aircraft at US Air, AA, and FEDEX.

What's that ratio in this instance?

What's the rate of engine shutdowns at the major airlines vs. these 747 outfits?

What is the ratio of Kallita's planes having some mechanical trouble has the root cause vs. Fedex? Oh wait, FedEx guys crash 'em with nothing wrong.

"let's land in TLH today about a mile from the runway in the mud, what do you say boys?"

"look, its kinda windy and no other DC-10's have crashed this morning, but you're about to be let go and I am retiring. So its up to you to run this sucker off the pavement and burn it up. Just remember to get your bags."

Latest resources

Back