• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B747 down in South America?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Kalitta is using PFE, why do they need MX? They will only need 3 pilots, 2 PFE and 1 LM. They save 1 man.

All of our airplanes have ride on MX. When the plane gets to it's destination, the crew goes to the hotel and the ride on mechanic fixes any discrepancies and services it.

If Kalitta is using PFE, why do they need MX? They will only need 3 pilots, 2 PFE and 1 LM. They save 1 man.

Imagine flying a ten hour flight after being on duty for sixteen hours, landing, then having to fix the plane while the rest of the crew rests. Even though most PFE's are A&P's, how many have the required mx training to maintain a B747. A lot of long haul freighters carry mx.

What kind of duty day had they been scheduled for?

And how many operations per day and total aircraft were there vs. mishap aircraft at US Air, AA, and FEDEX.

What's that ratio in this instance?

What's the rate of engine shutdowns at the major airlines vs. these 747 outfits?

I sorry but you guys are F'N ridiculous. We all know that it is about odds, ...or we should.

These accidents are very sad, and my condolences to all involved.

PtP

Last edited:
And how many operations per day and total aircraft were there vs. mishap aircraft at US Air, AA, and FEDEX.

What's that ratio in this instance?

What's the rate of engine shutdowns at the major airlines vs. these 747 outfits?

Sure. Kick us when we are down. We have had some rotten luck these last few months. No denying that. But all you 'these 747 otfits' bashers are just pissing me off. You make accusations with little to no information. The wreckage is still smoldering and you pricks are jumping all over us. Give me a break!

What kind of duty day had they been scheduled for?

Good Q... not sure, but I heard the engines (or one of them) caught on fire. Then again, who knows WHEN it actually torched.

They are sending a P&W engr. out with the investigation team.

Two whales in the dirt, several injuries and now loss of precious life. Doesn't take employment at Kalitta to come to the realization that things aren't completely safe!!!!

I guess you found us out, we are all dare devils.

?

How many aircrafts Fedex has? How huge of an operation they run? If they would crash an airplane per year it will still be way bellow 1%, but Kalitta's 2 crashes out of 20 airplanes is 10% of fleet(although they have less airplanes). Statistic Fedex( I'm not sure but they must have few hundred airplanes) should have higher risk for crashes than an operation of 20 airplanes.

I wonder how many hours our planes fly in a day, compared to any of the overnite guys?

Latest resources

Back