• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 reducing seats on Bus/FA cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You trumpet "more leg room" in your title while I titled it "seat reduction/FA cuts". You repost a article with your spin, is that moderator bias? 4. Maybe you need to recuse yourself from starting JB topics as a moderator?

I don’t think a moderator should post any messages at all, at least not regarding his/her own airline. Hard to remain unbiased when it comes to your own. Longhorn - I believe you showed a slight bias in this case by changing the title 180 degrees. The original post was painting JB in a slightly negative way, your post showed the changes at JB as a positive development.

Also, I think every moderator should have a disclaimer as part of their “signature” explaining which airline they work, or used to work for. Kind of like stockbrokers who are trying to sell you some shares have to disclose that they actually own the stocks themselves. Longhorn - What do you think?

Thank you first of all for approaching this professionally. Yes, I agree that as a mod we should not start threads about our own airlines. I can see where the bias part comes in there and for that I am sorry. I really did not mean for it to come across that way. The title of the thread was a recap of the title of the artical. So, for now on, I will not start a thread about JB. I will discuss things within a jetblue thread as a mod and member of this community but will no longer start a thread either good or bad about the airline that I work for.

As to the last part, I disagree that we have to state who or where we use to work. You all know that I work at JB. End of story. I dont need to change my sig just to make some members here happy.

I will be off the board for a few days. I had a flu for the last week and it turned into pheunmonia (sp?). I ended up in the urgent care yesterday and am home for at least the next 10 days. I dont need this drama going on right now. As for the member that had an issue with it to begin with...we worked things out and everything was settled.

I am off to bed for a few days now.

36 inch pitch

Will they call it "Comfort Class" or "More Room Throughout Coach"? Hey, I know--call it "Premium Seating".

This isn't good. If they could sell those seats, they would. IMO.TC

I see what you're saying, but I'm cautiously optimistic this is for the best. While I agree most flycheaperthantakingthebus.com passengers will never pay a premium for anything, we do have a good number of customers who pay us a *small* premium for our service and product. While this very slightly degrades the service, I think it substantially improoves the product. The 190 has 1 FA per 50 pax, now the 320 will too, and the 320 stage lengths average much longer. So worst case the FA's have the same work to do each as on the 190, but almost always they will have more time to do it. Trust me, on transcons they sit in their jumpseats 95% of the time doing crosswords and pole dancing in the aft galley. Okay, maybe its a watered down Irish step dance but I got lost in the moment.

So I don't think its a sign we're going under because we can't sell the seats. Lately our load factor is down but our yields are up and thats by design. We hired a PhD to make that happen and it appears he's doing a good job initially. These 6 seats are seats we rarely filled with revenue pax on only a small percentage of flights only during a few select peak travel days per year. We lose a LOT of business by not having at least a "starter" first class like most domestic narrow body legacies, Air Tran and others have. If the pax won't pay a dime for the extra room, then we can put it back to 34 (still very good for domestic coach) and have a typical MD-80 first/business class thus opening up a higher paying cross section of customers. Besides, fewer seats on the market, higher yields and fewer super saver tickets flooding the system is good for all of us IMO.

Last edited:
You trumpet "more leg room" in your title while I titled it "seat reduction/FA cuts". You repost a article with your spin, is that moderator bias? 4. Maybe you need to recuse yourself from starting JB topics as a moderator?

I don’t think a moderator should post any messages at all, at least not regarding his/her own airline. Hard to remain unbiased when it comes to your own. Longhorn - I believe you showed a slight bias in this case by changing the title 180 degrees. The original post was painting JB in a slightly negative way, your post showed the changes at JB as a positive development.

Also, I think every moderator should have a disclaimer as part of their “signature” explaining which airline they work, or used to work for. Kind of like stockbrokers who are trying to sell you some shares have to disclose that they actually own the stocks themselves. Longhorn - What do you think?
I think that all brontosaurasis's are thin at one end, much, MUCH larger in the middle, and then thin again at the other end.

Longhorn - Thanks for your reply; my comment wasn’t directed at you only but all moderators of course. Btw, until reading “Lampshades'” comment I had no idea you worked for JetBlue, I’m sure I could’ve done some research but never saw any need for it.

Nevertheless, I understand your position as well. Maybe whenever moderators make a comment about a specific airline that they happen to be working for, they could just make a quick acknowledgment of the fact in their post? This way, you don’t have to advertise you current employment each time you post, yet you let the people reading a particular post that you do happen to have a vested interest in the airline you are commenting on?

Just a suggestion and either way, it’s all good, and thanks for your reply again and I hope you’ll feel better soon.

“I think that all brontosaurasis's are thin at one end, much, MUCH larger in the middle, and then thin again at the other end.”

"Brainhurts" - I AM very slow and my brain does hurt right now... Can you explain this to someone who’s r-e-a-l-l-y slow please?

I agree with you. A quick note if comments are made would be a good idea. My avatar was a JB pic for a long time and ac flown had 320 and 190 on them....I assumed it narrowed it down but you know what they say about assuming things...:laugh:

I agree with you. A quick note if comments are made would be a good idea. My avatar was a JB pic for a long time and ac flown had 320 and 190 on them....I assumed it narrowed it down but you know what they say about assuming things...:laugh:

Bring back the UT Uterus.

Latest resources

Back