• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 reducing seats on Bus/FA cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's GREAT. Now I can chill's wif my Krunk Juice and not worry 'bout spillin on da dude next ta me...... Bouyyyyyyyyyyy...

seriously, that is great and the rest of the carriers need to take the same action.

What's amazing to me is that no one thought of adding more legroom before now. I mean -- WOW!!! You gotta be sh!tt!n me - it was right there in front of our noses. The dude is a genius. WOW!!!!

At least there are no plans to furlough, yet, but I hope they do a decent job explaining this to the flight attendants. A 25% reduction in cabin crew costs and motels is probably the last significant cost cutting they can come up with. At this point, it all comes down to generating revenue.

I suspect there is one more significant change coming - a small business class. They'll probably make that change once the dust settles and the staffing is sorted out.

One more thought - if the E190 pay was based on a percentage of A320 seats - then mathematically, the E190 guys just got a raise. Congrats! ;-)

IMHO

Will they call it "Comfort Class" or "More Room Throughout Coach"? Hey, I know--call it "Premium Seating".

This isn't good. If they could sell those seats, they would. IMO.TC

Why don't you put my post back up from last night (that the moderator from B6 took down) instead of starting one of your own? Inquiring minds want to know?

will do then. I figured you would just repost it since it would be easier to do but I can do that if you like

Well, I see it but the content is gone. It was edited and then deleted to remove the time stamp. So, you are more than welcome to re post it if you like. The issue that I had with it was that there was a strict disclaimer on the company email last night specifically stating not to share of discuss until 7am today. Within about an hour you had posted it here. I sent you a PM explaining why I took it down and asked where you copied the info from and you refused to reply, but instead come to the public side and question me on why I did what I did. So, the point is that you posted something here that was not suppose to be made public until this morning and that carried disclaimers on the original content not to distribute. Like I said, I know some idiot from airliners.net had posted it as well and stuff like that can get people fired. I posted it this morning almost 2 hours after 7am when I noticed you did not re post it. Its not my responsibility to babysit your post and reactivate it when the time is right, just re post it....that's the easiest thing to do.

One less flight attendent equals 25% less service available to the passengers. Interesting news coming from an airline who's "niche" is service. Compound the loss of revenue with the fewer seats to the loss of revenue to less service and it just makes you shake your head.... but I'm sure it looks really good on paper to the beancounter that came up with it. Maybe it was an ex-Delta person that came up with it since all of the 4th floor from the Leo era seemed to go to JB (besides Bushy, I know of several upper management types that ended up there).

One less flight attendent equals 25% less service available to the passengers. Interesting news coming from an airline who's "niche" is service. Compound the loss of revenue with the fewer seats to the loss of revenue to less service and it just makes you shake your head.... but I'm sure it looks really good on paper to the beancounter that came up with it. Maybe it was an ex-Delta person that came up with it since all of the 4th floor from the Leo era seemed to go to JB (besides Bushy, I know of several upper management types that ended up there).

I know our pax are going to be so upset with three flight attendants handing out unlimited snacks, drinks, and headsets for the 36 Channels of Direct Tv and 170 Channels of Xm radio that they will run over to the Delta Connection Dash 8's and 50 seat Rj's with one FA that delta dumped on our shorthaul routes to add capacity

Latest resources

Back