• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 reducing seats on Bus/FA cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's two more rows to service per F/A. I think they can handle it, but they might have to do their Sudokus in the crashpad.

Well, I see it but the content is gone. It was edited and then deleted to remove the time stamp. So, you are more than welcome to re post it if you like. The issue that I had with it was that there was a strict disclaimer on the company email last night specifically stating not to share of discuss until 7am today. Within about an hour you had posted it here. I sent you a PM explaining why I took it down and asked where you copied the info from and you refused to reply, but instead come to the public side and question me on why I did what I did. So, the point is that you posted something here that was not suppose to be made public until this morning and that carried disclaimers on the original content not to distribute. Like I said, I know some idiot from airliners.net had posted it as well and stuff like that can get people fired. I posted it this morning almost 2 hours after 7am when I noticed you did not re post it. Its not my responsibility to babysit your post and reactivate it when the time is right, just re post it....that's the easiest thing to do.

1. I'm not a JB employee, I can't get fired. 2. If I get info from somewhere that was leaked I will post it if it seems news worthy, as long as safety or security is not involved. 3. You trumpet "more leg room" in your title while I titled it "seat reduction/FA cuts". You repost a article with your spin, is that moderator bias? 4. Maybe you need to recuse yourself from starting JB topics as a moderator?

Wow. You guys have your panties wad up so tight you couldn't even recognize that I wasn't making a dig at JetBlue employees but a bonehead management decision. I think the extra service you currently have is what distinguishes you from other airlines that nickel and dime everthing (including Delta who only has 150 seats on our 737-800's for the exact same reason) I thought it was dumb when Delta started reducing FA staffing and that's what started us downhill and I think it's dumb that you guys are doing it.

Or is your blood so blue that you'll jump at any opportunity to do more work for less pay (yes, that was a black and white dig)?

Bottom line is that you'll have less service. Some passengers may notice and if they feel that they are no longer getting a premium service for the price, yes for the same price they'll take the crappy RJ or Dash and get the same preceived service from one person (the blue way right...more from less? yup, that's another dig...I know you guys are slow and need it spelled out) all while getting real miles they can use to go to Hawaii or Europe or wherever.... or if the TV is all they care about now you get the same less service with the TV's on Delta too for transcons (the competing flights where that stuff matters - how much TV can you watch JFK-BUF?)... when you had service plus TV's you had us beat...all you did was lower yourself to our service levels. So now it boils down to other perks (schedules and miles).

But luckily for the flight attendents they can rest assured that the flightinfo JetBlue pilots will give them the encouragement they need to do the extra work for the same pay because when given the opportunity these same pilots will gladly step of to the plate when it's their turn.

lampshade...check your pms....you took me completely wrong. Second...I did not repost the artical with my spin....I posted a link to the artical itself so please explain to me how the heck that is me posting it with my spin. The only way you could have gotten that info last night was from either you being an employee or pasting it from another website, in which an employee posted it there. I am not going to allow FI to be responsible for having information posted on here if is specificly is not suppose to be here until a certain time...7 am today in this case.

Last edited:
Got your PM...thanks for understanding. Time to get some sleep

Wow. You guys have your panties wad up so tight you couldn't even recognize that I wasn't making a dig at JetBlue employees but a bonehead management decision. I think the extra service you currently have is what distinguishes you from other airlines that nickel and dime everthing (including Delta who only has 150 seats on our 737-800's for the exact same reason) I thought it was dumb when Delta started reducing FA staffing and that's what started us downhill and I think it's dumb that you guys are doing it.

Or is your blood so blue that you'll jump at any opportunity to do more work for less pay (yes, that was a black and white dig)?

Bottom line is that you'll have less service. Some passengers may notice and if they feel that they are no longer getting a premium service for the price, yes for the same price they'll take the crappy RJ or Dash and get the same preceived service from one person (the blue way right...more from less? yup, that's another dig...I know you guys are slow and need it spelled out) all while getting real miles they can use to go to Hawaii or Europe or wherever.... or if the TV is all they care about now you get the same less service with the TV's on Delta too for transcons (the competing flights where that stuff matters - how much TV can you watch JFK-BUF?)... when you had service plus TV's you had us beat...all you did was lower yourself to our service levels. So now it boils down to other perks (schedules and miles).

But luckily for the flight attendents they can rest assured that the flightinfo JetBlue pilots will give them the encouragement they need to do the extra work for the same pay because when given the opportunity these same pilots will gladly step of to the plate when it's their turn.

Gotta love it always some legacy know it all using the strongarm to make himself feel better.. Newsflash JB going out of business because we are adding a premium seating product to our services. The reality as a pilot for JB is that they are removing seats that equal approx 4 total aircraft in capacity. That is about 56 of my brothers on the seniority list. Would you prefer we sell four aircraft keep and extra FA to service 6 seats and send out 56 pink slips?

The funniest part of this is that your post cries the whole us and them mentality. The reality is that JB is made up of literally hundreds and hundreds of legacy pilots that were sick and tired of being fleeced by bad management decisions. ( Delta, Usair??) You should know a little about that coming from Delta dont you?

Merry Xmas from ALPA

Just Phase I

B6 will eventually go to a premium split cabin. St. George is pushing for it, but Neeleman will hold off until he sees if this move helps. The legacy's will all have IFE TV/Premium(2X2) seats in a few years for their customers looking for the extra pampering. Virgin made a mistake by advertising what they were going to do.

When they do go to a split cabin (125 seats), it will be on a limited number of 320's flying long haul only. They will call it Jetblue Plus. Should give the 320 the legs to make it without fuel stops.

They still should order some 319s as they grow.

:pimp:​

All Moderators

You trumpet "more leg room" in your title while I titled it "seat reduction/FA cuts". You repost a article with your spin, is that moderator bias? 4. Maybe you need to recuse yourself from starting JB topics as a moderator?

I don’t think a moderator should post any messages at all, at least not regarding his/her own airline. Hard to remain unbiased when it comes to your own. Longhorn - I believe you showed a slight bias in this case by changing the title 180 degrees. The original post was painting JB in a slightly negative way, your post showed the changes at JB as a positive development.

Also, I think every moderator should have a disclaimer as part of their “signature” explaining which airline they work, or used to work for. Kind of like stockbrokers who are trying to sell you some shares have to disclose that they actually own the stocks themselves. Longhorn - What do you think?

Last edited:
Ok, now why did American add all their seats back into service after having the "roomiest coach" in the airline business? This is not the first reduction in seating for JetBlue. We used to carry 162 pax on our aircraft. Maybe we'll just convert the rest of the A320 deliveries to A319s! I guess management reasoning is purely a cost cutting measure and oh btw, the customers will like the extra leg room. Come on, it's not about the leg room, it's about cost savings! One less FA = one less employee and health care expenses etc. Also saves 900 pounds by taking out 6 seats (are they including the pax weight too?) Right now, the airline's biggest cost is FUEL. So, if this saves gas and improves the bottom line, it's a good quick fix. You can always sneek the seats back in when fuel prices or competition dictates.

I wonder if they will take out a flight attendant jumpseat too? This just made our commutes on JetBlue a little harder.

Latest resources

Back