Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B-737 type rating for SWA hurt you elsewhere?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLY CONTINENTAL said:
At Continental we type you in every aircraft you get trained in, and in the real world folks aquire a lot of different ratings and are not sure where and sometimes how your career will work out. Come to Continental, and if it comes up have a professional and honest answer. All you can do is answer the best you can and hope for the best--- Go for it! Don't worry--- Also at Continental we do deal with customers not just the FA's and CSA's. Its part of all of our jobs to ensure our customers have the best experience ever. If you do not like the customer angle then I suggest freight. Our jobs all over lap and ensuring a positive customer experience is everyones job---even the pilots. (Kids coming the the cockpit, senior customers that want to talk with the Captain, a US Senator that has a question about a connection, or a stressed out customer that wants to make sure the pilots are safe. These happen sometimes often and sometimes not at all but return business can be based on interactions with any employee group. Kind of surprised by the responce from some colleagues from other airlines.

Beleive it or not in out Flight Manual the use of cellphones is strongly discouraged unless absolutely necessary when in view of the public so all co-workers are available to assist customers while in the concourses etc...

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/company/shanghai.aspx?SID=3F3887CFB66C4746B18B4380BCAAD381

Anybody else get the impression that this is 'Floyd' from the continental crew scheduling audio tape?

Or just stay at CAL, travel the world and have fun. Southwest is a great place. There was a guy from Southwest in the class after mine, guess he did it in reverse. Good Luck--- have to say the international flying is a blast if you have any interest. Movement at CO is tremendous and folks could see upgrades to Captain in 4 years from DOH hire based on todays growth and expansion plus the 787!

FLY CONTINENTAL said:
At Continental we type you in every aircraft you get trained in, and in the real world folks aquire a lot of different ratings and are not sure where and sometimes how your career will work out. Come to Continental, and if it comes up have a professional and honest answer. All you can do is answer the best you can and hope for the best--- Go for it! Don't worry--- Also at Continental we do deal with customers not just the FA's and CSA's. Its part of all of our jobs to ensure our customers have the best experience ever. If you do not like the customer angle then I suggest freight. Our jobs all over lap and ensuring a positive customer experience is everyones job---even the pilots. (Kids coming the the cockpit, senior customers that want to talk with the Captain, a US Senator that has a question about a connection, or a stressed out customer that wants to make sure the pilots are safe. These happen sometimes often and sometimes not at all but return business can be based on interactions with any employee group. Kind of surprised by the responce from some colleagues from other airlines.

Beleive it or not in out Flight Manual the use of cellphones is strongly discouraged unless absolutely necessary when in view of the public so all co-workers are available to assist customers while in the concourses etc...

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/company/shanghai.aspx?SID=3F3887CFB66C4746B18B4380BCAAD381

Of course we all deal with PAX on the customer service level as you were stating. My point was that when there is a problem, ie. drunks, lav smokers or general misconduct, its dealt with by FAs and then customer svc supervisors. Cops if it gets to that point. My comment was in response to the "boxes dont bitch" thing. As pilots our dealings with passengers are usually very positive. I have friends at CAL who love it. Im sure its a great place. Ive done international before and it would be great to have that option at SWA. It will probably be there sooner or later. We too are hiring about 80 per month, many from other majors CAL included. Im sure you guys have taken some of ours too. Great careers at either airline.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back