• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard the same thing from a LCA last night. What's next, signing bonuses? Things are gonna get ugly this summer.

Well I have to say that maybe what I'm being told is incorrect and that they did call just before the interview to Xc. Still, that many interviews scheduled then to only have 1 out of 10 show one day then 1 out of 5 the next show is not a good thing. Is it the drive from MKE to ATW that people don't want to do when other companies will fly them directly to HQ?

By no means is this a slam at AWAC. I'm just really curious why people would schedule then so many would not arrive for the interview. It's a competitive world now for new hires and I wonder what would get more people through the door or what is keeping people from applying.

I was under the impression that AWAC did fly you up to ATW? They flew my buddy for his interview almost two years ago. Do they not do that anymore since Skywest took over the ORD flying?

I was under the impression that AWAC did fly you up to ATW? They flew my buddy for his interview almost two years ago. Do they not do that anymore since Skywest took over the ORD flying?

They get you to MKE from either CLT or PHL.....then you're on your own to get to ATW....Airways doesn't fly to ATW at all so they can't get you there

They get you to MKE from either CLT or PHL.....then you're on your own to get to ATW....Airways doesn't fly to ATW at all so they can't get you there

Nothing like having "World Headquaters" so far removed from the operation. No wonder managers and owners sit in their glass bubble with no idea of what is going on with the operation and how quickly it is going down the tubes.

AWAC was a great compnay to work for then it changed like day to night and many are leaving including junior FO's not just mid seniority Capt's - you have to ask why. I couldn't take the BS any longer and the treatment from Management over many issues so I bailed last year. Great bunch of pilots there but I wouldn't / couldn't recommend anyone I know to apply there in good faith.

The Ford Focus doesn't do real good with 5" of snow on US41...I found that out when driving from MKE up to ATW for my interview a year and a half ago.

I flew with 5 different CAs on a recent 3 day trip...JMs were going out for Captains if nothing else last last week due to "a whole bunch of sick calls in DCA."

Its simply amazing that folks are coming to AWAC, getting a couple hundred hours in the airplane, then bolting for Skywest or RAH...

Rottweiller, where did you go when you left? If you think AWAC is a bad regional, what would you consider a good regional?

BoilerUp, why do you think it's amazing? Do think those are a step down?

Not flame. Just curious to hear your answers.

BoilerUp, why do you think it's amazing? Do think those are a step down?

No; I don't think either is a "step down" in any way, shape or form outside of hourly payrates and certain other aspects of the CBAs. Both RAH and Skywest are public companies whose management needs to show growth to shareholders and because of that have worked to create niches for themselves in the regional marketplace.

Having said that, a few short years ago AWAC was "the place to be" to fly an RJ and now its little more than a first stop before making a lateral move to another regional. THAT is the change that I find amazing...

Ha ha..... I have all of those boxes checked and then some... I am gonna try the Air Inc thing in ATL later on this month.

Man things are getting worse over there! I mean no disrespect to you guys but it's pretty sad when you have to fly-in and then drive 3 plus hours for a job interview at time when everyone is hiring. What's next, are you going to have to pay for training, cover your own hotel cost on the overnights, bring your own lunch to work for four days because you can't afford to eat at Micky D's. Just so management can keep lining their pockets. Oh wait I guess a cooler is standard equipment now days.

I remember the ORD days when you would walk into the crew room and have to step over both pilot's and flight attendants sleeping on the floor. Denver was never like that and if you look at the history of where AWAC was then and where they are today it's sad. AWAC has turned into a transient airline and that too is sad. There was a time when you felt pride working at the number one regional airline, but today is a different story. I know the industry is constantly changing but when is enough enough!

Yes I have an opinion. I left behind a lot of good freinds who to this day are still eating a sh!t sandwich. AWAC owes a bunch of money to their pilot group and they continue to screw them every chance they get, and then act like their the only thing going. I'm sure SkyWest and every other airline does the same thing but AWAC is the only one I experienced. I remember Orozco (And I like Scott) telling me I was lucky to have a job after 9/11 and if I felt there was a better company out there then I was free to leave. I did, never looked back, and never regretted it. No matter where you go make sure it works for you and your family. In the end the company looks out for their bottom line, so you need to look out for yours. Yes you should cancel your interview if your not going to go and especially if you were given a recommendation.

It's late!

Latest resources

Back