• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airlines have been getting away on a free ride for too long.

I dont think any one statement could more accurately describe whats been happening in the airline industry.

Well put.

I just got my conditional job offer letter in the mail today from AWAC. Start on May 14. I did my share of interviews and was amazed. Everywhere I interviewed there were no shows. Quality people.

Medfly, When did you interview? I'm curious as to how long it takes to get an offer after the interview.

Ahh... the days of building time by flight instructing or banner towing are over. We had a 19 yr old guy with 340 hours total time at a recent interview. Not sure if he got the job or not but he was invited to interview.

I think it's silly to get on with a regional with time that low. Talk about being stuck a FO forever. Go tow some banners or something for like 6 months so you don't have to ride SIC for 5 years just to be upgradable. I think the regionals like the forced longevity of these guys showing up with 500-600 hours (and much less on occasion.) They probably think "Hey, we've got some time builders here that we know are going to stick around and will happily fly 9 legs in a day if we ask them to. Hell, we like em so much why don't we just ride down the ATP flight school and pick us up a few more!"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back