Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DiverDriver

Welcome to The Fall.
Ok, I'm curious. Anyone here have an interview with AWAC then not show up? I'm curious as to why you would schedule an interview then not show without calling. Yah, AWAC has its issues but if you live in domicile (maybe the domiciles are the problem) it can be a good place to work. Compare contracts and not just the hourly rate. It is a good contract. Are there pay discrepencies each month? Yes. Do they get taken care of? Most of the time. Are there grievances filed? Yes. Do they get solved? Most of the time. Name other airlines out there without any grievances filed.

So, I'm curious. Why the no-shows? Is it the perceived faster upgrade times at other regionals?

Ok, I'm curious. Anyone here have an interview with AWAC then not show up? I'm curious as to why you would schedule an interview then not show without calling. Yah, AWAC has its issues but if you live in domicile (maybe the domiciles are the problem) it can be a good place to work. Compare contracts and not just the hourly rate. It is a good contract. Are there pay discrepencies each month? Yes. Do they get taken care of? Most of the time. Are there grievances filed? Yes. Do they get solved? Most of the time. Name other airlines out there without any grievances filed.

So, I'm curious. Why the no-shows? Is it the perceived faster upgrade times at other regionals?

They all decided to go to Piedmont and collect the 5,000 dollar signing bonus! ;-)

I heard the same thing from one of our check airman. The company had something like 75-80 resumes.. They called 8 for an interview and 2 showed up. I agree with Diver Diver.. have some class and cancel if you do not want to show up.

They'd still make less money in the first year.

That I doubt! Same first year pay, however at PDT as a reserve FO you will fly your a$$ off!

Now Second year pay is a different story!

Last edited:
Well I have to say that maybe what I'm being told is incorrect and that they did call just before the interview to Xc. Still, that many interviews scheduled then to only have 1 out of 10 show one day then 1 out of 5 the next show is not a good thing. Is it the drive from MKE to ATW that people don't want to do when other companies will fly them directly to HQ?

By no means is this a slam at AWAC. I'm just really curious why people would schedule then so many would not arrive for the interview. It's a competitive world now for new hires and I wonder what would get more people through the door or what is keeping people from applying.

So only 2 out of 15 showed?! They OBVIOUSLY picked the wrong resumes out of the stack.

That's what I heard so it could be true or false. Just asking here if anyone scheduled then didn't go and why.

I've been an AWACer for almost 2 years now. I've sent them several resumes from friends, only for them to not even get called. I know they would be more than willing to show up and take the job if offered (they were well qualified, yada yada yada). Who knows though, I've yet to figured out what they're thinking up there.

Latest resources

Back