• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC current Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Parker has stated there are too many 50 seat RJs due to Air Wisconsin buying flying. You had better believe he will remedy that sooner than later, contracts are only as good as the people signing them. That 10 year deal will not be a full 10 years as it stands. He could always dump us then let us fight it in court for the next 5+ years.

Parker has stated there are too many 50 seat RJs due to Air Wisconsin buying flying. You had better believe he will remedy that sooner than later, contracts are only as good as the people signing them. That 10 year deal will not be a full 10 years as it stands. He could always dump us then let us fight it in court for the next 5+ years.

I don't think he will. Watch his televised monthly pilot Q/A sessions on the hub. He says he's stuck with us, but he's happy we did what we did or the company wouldn't exist.

According to K LeW, next new hire class is Jan 22nd. I asked him about our contract with US Airways and he said it's for 10 years, so sometime in 2015, they'll have to either resign or look for another dance partner. By then, I can't see myself still here at AWAC.
Overall, excpet for low morale and stagnation, it still has good work rules and still I am treated well here. Called in sick twice including over the holiday. (Thanksgiving) Even said I can produce medical proof, and the company declined to accept my proof, only said get well.

I happened to be on the road when my first child was born. I called about midnight to tell crew schedule that I needed out asap. I knew they couldn't get anyone in on reserve to RDU so I said I would fly to LGA and would like to be released there. They said hang on and got CP Bob on the phone. He said congrats, no problem, let us know if there's anything we can do for you. Stuff like that makes this a great airline.

The negative are the schedules. I bid higher than I ever have in position and domicile and I command less ability for days off and commutability. I'm on a 28 hour sit right now. I started the trip early (0630) and I am now doing backside of the day flying finishing at 2140 day four. Completely uncommutable. If you don't plan on living in domicile (PHL, DCA, ORF) then I would not recommend coming. We just got turned down by Midwest Airlines for flying in MKE and this has depressed the pilot group pretty good. Next up is the contract arbitration and if that goes south I'd have to say that it will probably be a great time to get in at AWAC as I believe attrition will be through the roof. We lost 25% in one year during the transition from UAL ot US Air. I bet it will be higher than that.

Should AWAC hire like crazy again I will say this: You will have excellent training on the CRJ. I think we have one of the best instructional staffs anywhere. I always learn something on my PCs along with being checked.

So, that's the good with the bad as I see it.

I seem to remember when you were a "bright-eyed" new guy. :D

Although, back then it seemed we all were a little more optimistic..

Oh yeah! I still enjoy the job, just the future is so unsure. That bothers me. (Now let me tell you about the airline job that doesn't have an unsure future...)

Welcome to the latest bright-eyed new guys. ...and stay away from the F/A's.

S.

Just curious, with the rumors floating around of a Jan. 22 newhire class, has anyone actually been offered a class date yet?

Latest resources

Back