• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC current Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya...infact...its so bright they might have suffered temporary blindness. Or maybe thats from drinking so much during some of those 45 day stints of no flying on RSV.

Alright, now I feel bad and maybe I don't give credit where it is due.
On a personal level I am treated well. When talking to the staff in ATW and even the crew desk, never an ugly comment or snide remark. Generaly the folks in ATW are helpful with family situations and commuting problems. Many places are not.
I upgraded in 3.5 years and am going on my 6th here. I was able to upgrade while we lost 2 contracts, 2 fleets and limited the growth of the CRJ by half. For this I am grateful. The Company affords me a good life on my few days home. I bought my first home in February and I wouldn't have been able to do that without this job. For a long time, even through the Great Move East, I did not feel an urge to leave the Company.

Now... I wake up from time to time in the middle of the night with this feeling that if I don't start beating down doors soon, I may be in some real trouble.
This Company has 8 years left on the USAirways contract. Having proven it can not grow, and is unwilling to accept risk or work with their Mainline partners in securing growth with larger aircraft, it seems that when those 8 years are up, so is the life of AWAC.

Despite how you may feel now, 8 years is really not very long.

Grateful for what I have, and interested in keeping it longer than 8 years,

S.

Well...just to clarify, my post was not intended as any kind of bash on new guys...I am relativly new to this company myself and do also infact feel very greatful to have the opportunity to work with awac. The pilot group over here is absolutly the best I have worked with and although I despise a commute 2/3rds of the way across the country, (which I knew I was in for when I was hired) I enjoy my job when I do get there.

However, its very concerning to me to see what appears to be an absolute lack of acknowledgment by managment of the concerns of the entire employee group. Infact it sometimes seems like they are finding it mildy entertaining. As beechnut said...8 years isnt that long of a time and banking all of my hopes on the possiblity of growth coupled with massive attrtion feels slightly too risky to be considered comfortable.

do my job, try for the highest possible QOL or W2 and take the upgrade when it happens.

Boiler,

I have been curious what FOs make at other companies. what will your W2 be this year? do you work a lot, as little as possible, etc? how does open time work at AWAC?

just curious how it all comes out in the wash at year end for you guys.

thanks, PM me if you don't want to post $ info here.

I'll gross just under $26k on my W2 for 2006, including perdiem. I have been on probation all year, and while I know a couple guys that have made upwards of $30k this past year on probation, they are single, live in domicile, and are big opentime whores.

I spent the first five months of 2006 in the training pipeline or on reserve. I primarily bid for QOL (weekends off with the wife) and if I had to guess my average credit every month as a lineholder would be around 83 hours with 14 days off per month (our schedules have been waaaay less than efficient). I have picked up less than 10 hours of opentime all year (daily opentime pays 1.5x), and before I moved to domicile I would often trade my crappy trips with opentime or drop turns to be more commutable (lowering my credit). I've also probably lost upwards of a grand in pay because of military duty, moving days and PTO throughout the year.

In 2007 I expect to gross around 50% more while not compromising my currently excellent QOL...but we all know about expectations...

I'll gross just under $26k on my W2 for 2006, including perdiem. I have been on probation all year, and while I know a couple guys that have made upwards of $30k this past year on probation, they are single, live in domicile, and are big opentime whores.

I spent the first five months of 2006 in the training pipeline or on reserve. I primarily bid for QOL (weekends off with the wife) and if I had to guess my average credit every month as a lineholder would be around 83 hours with 14 days off per month (our schedules have been waaaay less than efficient). I have picked up less than 10 hours of opentime all year (daily opentime pays 1.5x), and before I moved to domicile I would often trade my crappy trips with opentime or drop turns to be more commutable (lowering my credit). I've also probably lost upwards of a grand in pay because of military duty, moving days and PTO throughout the year.

In 2007 I expect to gross around 50% more while not compromising my currently excellent QOL...but we all know about expectations...

Are you in the National Guard?

Hey bizzum, I'm another poolie treading water out here. Interviewed in early November, and the phone's been awful quiet since then. Anybody have any inside info, feel free to PM me.

Hey bizzum, I'm another poolie treading water out here. Interviewed in early November, and the phone's been awful quiet since then. Anybody have any inside info, feel free to PM me.

class in late Jan.

Having proven it can not grow, and is unwilling to accept risk or work with their Mainline partners in securing growth with larger aircraft, it seems that when those 8 years are up, so is the life of AWAC.

I keep hearing that 8 year number and it goes down about a year each month. The other day somone was talking about 7 years left. The 'deal' was signed in 2005 for 10 years (or at least thats the propaganda we were given).

And for what it's worth KLW posted something about a planned Jan 22nd class. I don't know if thats firm and/or how many people, but thats what they are tenitavely planning on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back