• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

berkss

Just wanted to see if anyone had any info about Air Wisconsin, such as

Junior base

Likelyhood of getting the other bases out of newhire classes

How long reserve has been lasting over the past year

Expected upgrade times over next few years as AWAC is currently seeing no growth

Just wanted to see if anyone had any info about Air Wisconsin, such as

Junior base

Likelyhood of getting the other bases out of newhire classes

How long reserve has been lasting over the past year

Expected upgrade times over next few years as AWAC is currently seeing no growth

Junior base right now seems to be DCA, followed by ORF, then PHL being most senior. RSV really depends on where you are based, I am coming up on my 1 yr point and am still on RSV in PHL, while I could hold a decent line in DCA, and a toward the bottom line holder in ORF. As far as getting a specific base, it would depend on what they decide to open up at the time you are in class. When I was in class the first 2 weeks they kept telling us we were all going to ORF, then we all got awarded PHL. Expected upgrade time is also hard to tell, being that the new captains have just over 2 yrs at the company, but alot of that was the mass attrition that occured at the time we separated from United. If I had to guess, and again just a WAG, I would say 3yrs. Alot of people here upset that we did not get the Midwest flying, however the company has a long standing tradition of just announcing things, as everything major that has really ever happened here was not rumored at all. Overall I am really happy here, we got another 8yrs left for US, we have a really good contract and pay, and a extremely good group of pilots.....just curious, are you one of the poolies? If so my roomate is also one and would like to get in touch.

No im not a poolie but looking to possibly start applying, I really appreciate the info, Its nice to hear some good info that isnt just negative.

Also, Does AWAC like current crj pilots and do they send you in the sim during the interview if you are currently flying the crj

Also, Does AWAC like current crj pilots and do they send you in the sim during the interview if you are currently flying the crj

I do not know if they do now or not, when I interviewed, if you were crj current, there was no sim eval. Even if you do have to do it its not hard at all, and is really nothing to worry about.

For what its worth I was awarded DCA out of class, and now I am ORF based. I am in the top 10 out of 22 in ORF (Reserve). Looking to get a line in the next couple of months.

Reserve here isn't bad at all, I'd say 75% of the time I'm given notice about a trip the night before. Right now being on RSV we don't even fly that much. Maybe that will pick up with this past weeks announcements.

Its a GREAT place to be as far as pay, contract, QOL. My class was divided into thirds... 8 of us.... 3 went to DCA, 3 to PHL, and 2 to ORF. If you live in base... life will be even that much better. At my interview (back in July) we had some CRJ/ERJ guys at the interview... and we all did the sim. It's pretty easy---you just fly an ILS, steep turns, and call out a hold entry.

Good luck on your quest for a regional job! Merry Christmas!

Thanks chris, I know that some people are getting a little discouraged there because of recent news, buts its good to hear some people are still happy

Thanks chris, I know that some people are getting a little discouraged there because of recent news, buts its good to hear some people are still happy

I would say that most people are still happy, but with the recent announcement, its kinda like if you wife was telling you for the last 6 months that you were getting a new ferrari, how sweet it will be, what color it will be, its on order, just wait a few months, then one day she says eh...just kidding. You would have had your hopes up, so of course you would be upset. Its just that we have always worked hard to keep our work rules and pay, and not grow because we are underbid by others.

Nothing to really be discouraged about. Yes, it is disappointing.... yes, it would've been great for the guys living in the midwest area, yes it was growth that we missed out on. But focus on the positives.... we're not furloughing, we're not dying, we have 8 years left on our USAirways contract, and our owners have always adapted to the environment. That was my big thing with AWAC when I decided to come here---was how they survive. Looking at their history, they always adapt. They might adapt a little late, but none the less---they've been around quite a while!!!

It is a little disappointing, but the sun will rise tomorrow.... we'll still be flying our 70 RJ's.... and most important everyone still has a job! If you want to upgrade in 1.5 years, this isn't for you. If you want a good QOL, pay, contract, etc. and you're willing to sit right seat for 2-3 years... apply at AWAC. Looking at our pay you'll see that 2nd and 3rd year FO pay is VERY doable.

Merry Christmas again! PM me with any questions!

I would say that most people are still happy, but with the recent announcement, its kinda like if you wife was telling you for the last 6 months that you were getting a new ferrari, how sweet it will be, what color it will be, its on order, just wait a few months, then one day she says eh...just kidding. You would have had your hopes up, so of course you would be upset. Its just that we have always worked hard to keep our work rules and pay, and not grow because we are underbid by others.

That makes total sense, and I am sure a lot of it was the hope of the denver guys that were looking for a base closer to home.

One last question, During training is it possible to travel home at all (jumpseat or travel benefits). I didnt know if travel benefits started at the beginning or end of training

Latest resources

Back