• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC current Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That makes total sense, and I am sure a lot of it was the hope of the denver guys that were looking for a base closer to home.

One last question, During training is it possible to travel home at all (jumpseat or travel benefits). I didnt know if travel benefits started at the beginning or end of training

Yes, you get your ID at the end of indoc, which is friday of the second week, alot of people will go home that weekend, and by then you should be in the non-rev system. The thing that is different now, though, is that the first 2 weeks are in ATW, with the second in CLT, so I don't know how they are doing things as far as getting people where, when I was in new hire, all 4 weeks were in ATW.

hey bizzum.. Im a poolie.. interviewed in late october.. sittin on my thumbs till i hear something.. ive been trying to get in touch with people as well.. PM me if ya need anything..

I got hired last January. We all got ORF RSV. I bid PHL. PHL got me off RSV the fastest. I was on RSV only 6 weeks. I only flew one three day trip while on RSV. It is all luck of the draw. I was one of the older in class, so I got lucky. I suspect after the Midwest, NWA bombs being dropped, there will mass attrition.

I got hired last January. We all got ORF RSV. I bid PHL. PHL got me off RSV the fastest. I was on RSV only 6 weeks. I only flew one three day trip while on RSV. It is all luck of the draw. I was one of the older in class, so I got lucky. I suspect after the Midwest, NWA bombs being dropped, there will mass attrition.

In addition to SWA/JetBlue/Airtran hiring, and United/Delta expected to start hiring this year as well.

Not yet, so far only 12 have left. Wait until we lose or win the arbitration. Then holy cow the flood gates won't hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uprgrades have been down at 2 years and 8 months. Not 2 years. Without growth, I'd say the upgrade time here is more like 5 years. Unless of course there is a huge amount of attrition at the higher seniority levels. 3 years would be very optimistic if hired right now. That being said, it's a good place to be an F/O.

Ask Beechnut about AWAC...:laugh:

The rumor is 12 people have left since the Midwest announcment...if true that would be quite a bit for one week, especially a week over the holidays. Expect January to tell the real tale, especially when there is a decision from the arbitrator.

Compared to most other RJ operators, FO pay and work rules are very good here. That said, living in domicile is waaaaay better than commuting but none of the places we have domiciles are cheap, and unless you want a roommate or three funds will be tight as a probationary FO on reserve.

More than likely, you will not upgrade quickly at AWAC. When hired I expected to upgrade around 4 years, and now I hope to be able to upgrade 3 years on property. I realized after finding out we didn't get Skywest from a friggin' press release last week I can only show up, do my job, try for the highest possible QOL or W2 and take the upgrade when it happens. Until then, I'll continue to take the 7% the company puts into my 401k and realize I can actually afford to live and save as an FO without going into thousands of debt every year while dreaming of that 4th stripe.

Latest resources

Back