AWAC Criminal Record & Credit Report?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrickTop

OK second round of interviewing at AWAC. Just left my former 121 carrier and received the Application packet today. AWAC conducts credit checks on its applicants as part of determining hiring? SO..... because I was finacially irresponsible and foolish when I was young and had a few enocounters with the law I am not Qualified to work for a high class opperation like AWAC? Yes I was once young and was arrested for foolish misdeameaor behavior. Anyone here been hired by AWAC with misdemanors and poor credit?

OK second round of interviewing at AWAC. Just left my former 121 carrier and received the Application packet today. AWAC conducts credit checks on its applicants as part of determining hiring? SO..... because I was finacially irresponsible and foolish when I was young and had a few enocounters with the law I am not Qualified to work for a high class opperation like AWAC? Yes I was once young and was arrested for foolish misdeameaor behavior. Anyone here been hired by AWAC with misdemanors and poor credit?

I was dating this gal, when we started to "GET IT On"! anyway she kept saying "No, don't, stop it:, so I continued? Anyway she told the cops about it so everytime I have to explain this.

Not necessarily a deal breaker...I've flown with guys who don't have squeaky clean records. Just admit to it when asked. They're not interested in punishing you for what you've done in the past. Just want to see that you're honest, and that you've grown up. It's not a big deal to them as long as you don't lie about it in the interview.

Anyone here been hired by AWAC with misdemanors and poor credit?

With what they pay us, How could they expect us to have anything but poor credit?

At any rate, what ever your skeletons are, your best bet is to always be open and up front with them. Make sure you portray any black marks as in your past and emphasize how you have learned from your mistakes and are a better, more responsible person as a result.

Your financial problems arent their business at all. If they push that, then ******************** them. Tell the truth that your under paid and over worked and that they and every other management piece of ******************** ******************** and go to hell.

Well, if its been more than 10 years, you shouldnt have a problem. There's a list of several offenses that if committed within the last 10 years disqualifies you from an SIDA badge. You dont have to admit to anything if its outside this range.

As I remember they asked a very general question at the end of the interview if there was anything that would come up on a background check they should know about. I'm not involved in the AWAC's hiring process but that sure seemed like an opportunity to set the record straight. I doubt someone would get hired if there was something negative in their background of significance that wasn't mentioned. I think primarily looking for people to say things the way they are.

I was dating this gal, when we started to "GET IT On"! anyway she kept saying "No, don't, stop it:, so I continued? Anyway she told the cops about it so everytime I have to explain this.

I hate it when they say that.

Plenty of those people up there in appletown have their own skeletons in the closet, so don't worry about yours. Tell the truth but don't expand a whole lot, just answer the question asked no more no less. After you get the job p.m. me and I'll tell you a few stories.

I know you didn't ask but keep in mind there are other airlines out there that would be better than AWAC. Personally I would go for the bigger ones, where you have an option of bases across the country. I think AWAC changed bases 10 times in a three year period and really disrupted a lot of peoples life's. Not to mention U.S. Airways announced they will be replacing all of their 50 seat flying! If your into the smaller operations take a look at the new operation out of Denver for Frontier. New Q400's, mountain flying which doesn't get much better, and hopefully a single seniority list at F9 will get worked out.

AWAC was good in it's time but looking at the industry it is a has been airline. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Fwiw

I was hired right around the first of the year and the credit report I got this week from TransUnion does not show AWAC ever did a credit check on me.

Latest resources

Back