AWAC Criminal Record & Credit Report?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they disrupted many families.

I said U.S. Airways was replacing the 50 seat flying, I didn't say who's, but I assume AWAC's after there contract is up.[/quote]

All lying aside about the pay cuts and the current contract which no one really disputes, it was not AWAC's decision to close the United bases. It was United's and there's alone, thus, the changes in bases the past few years were a necessity for this company to stay afloat. AWAC believes in their product so I for one am glad they didn't sell themselves short just to retain the flying; that goes for the pilot groups and other unions, too. So, we have a newer contract that, if my math is correct, doesn't elapse for another 9 years. Granted that is an eternity in the airline business, but your original post about Airways getting rid of the 50-seaters - in all fairness - was taken in the context that this is happening now or will happen at AWAC in the very near future. We've put our nose in every RFP that has been announced and are fighting for our share of the pie. My feeling around 'campus' is that the majority of the crewmembers here believe in one way or another that we will be awarded the Midwest flying. While the schedules still suck, optimism is pretty high with all that seems to be on the horizon. Cheers.[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more! I know UAL was the cause of most of this and I am/was glad AWAC stuck to their guns and didn't lay down for UA. I think we can both agree if AWAC would have come back to the pilot group and said we need more money to stay in bed with UA, the pilot group would have told them to go sh!t in their hats. I believe AWAC new we wouldn't take another round and so they needed to shift gears. My original post was to let this guy know there are other options with more secure bases as of today. Having said that things can change, we all know that. If you look back on the history of the company, Mississippi valley, AWAC, Aspen Airways, Mountain Air Express etc... the company seemed to be stable in the Midwest and DEN for a long period of time. The company is so conservative and wouldn't aggressively pursue growth like the other regional's out there, and thus this is why they are where they are today. So if I had to do it all over again I would look at a larger more stable company. That's just me!

I still have some good friends over there and wish nothing but the best for them. And to this day I still believe they have a good pilot group, it's the management that worries me. But that's anywhere if you think about it.

Last edited:
I think AWAC changed bases 10 times in a three year period and really disrupted a lot of peoples life's.

Um...you think AWAC wanted to lose the United flying and switch to U.S. Airways. If you were in managment at AWAC how would you have saved the company? Seriously...does anyone think they could have done a better job?

Last edited:
Um...you think AWAC wanted to lose the United flying and switch to U.S. Airways. If you were in managment at AWAC how would you have saved the company? Seriously...does anyone think they could have done a better job?
AWAC did a good job of surviving a situation that easily would have tanked many other companies. Look what happened to ACA. When the ATA flying went away they immediately had a place for the planes to fly. Same way with the UAL situation. No doubt it screwed up the lives of the pilot group in moving from west to east but at least they were able to keep a job before moving on.

Latest resources

Back