AWAC Criminal Record & Credit Report?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be Honest like everyone else said....

I watched a guy get pulled out of class that did not disclose something on his interview

g'luck

So is they can partially train you before they do the background check? In this day and age should that not be done before they train? At what point does it have to be done? (seriously)

So is they can partially train you before they do the background check? In this day and age should that not be done before they train? At what point does it have to be done? (seriously)

The first 2 weeks is just indoc in the classroom...no real training as far as the airplane goes. Company history, company policies, benefits, work rules...etc. If they'll have the results of your background check in the first week. If they find something that you haven't admitted to, you'll be gone before they really get to the flight training.

Talespin,

You should educate yourself with actual facts before posting a bunch of false and worthless drivel on the internet. Everything you have posted in regards to AWAC is false. AWAC has not changed bases 10 times. US Airways is not replacing all of our 50 seat flying. We are as stable as we have ever been.

I know you didn't ask but keep in mind there are other airlines out there that would be better than AWAC. Personally I would go for the bigger ones, where you have an option of bases across the country. I think AWAC changed bases 10 times in a three year period and really disrupted a lot of peoples life's. Not to mention U.S. Airways announced they will be replacing all of their 50 seat flying! If your into the smaller operations take a look at the new operation out of Denver for Frontier. New Q400's, mountain flying which doesn't get much better, and hopefully a single seniority list at F9 will get worked out.

AWAC was good in it's time but looking at the industry it is a has been airline. Good luck with what ever you decide.[/quote]

Talespin,

You should educate yourself with actual facts before posting a bunch of false and worthless drivel on the internet. Everything you have posted in regards to AWAC is false. AWAC has not changed bases 10 times. US Airways is not replacing all of our 50 seat flying. We are as stable as we have ever been.

I know you didn't ask but keep in mind there are other airlines out there that would be better than AWAC. Personally I would go for the bigger ones, where you have an option of bases across the country. I think AWAC changed bases 10 times in a three year period and really disrupted a lot of peoples life's. Not to mention U.S. Airways announced they will be replacing all of their 50 seat flying! If your into the smaller operations take a look at the new operation out of Denver for Frontier. New Q400's, mountain flying which doesn't get much better, and hopefully a single seniority list at F9 will get worked out.

AWAC was good in it's time but looking at the industry it is a has been airline. Good luck with what ever you decide.
[/quote]

Hey man it's your party but!!!!!!!!!!!

They opened ATL, closed ATL, displaced pilot's from ATL to ORD and DEN, then closed the DEN CRJ base, displaced pilots to ORD, then closed ORD base and displaced to PHL and Norfolk. Closed DEN 146 base displaced Pilot's to ORD and ATW then to ATW. Talked about MKE, talking again about MKE, Closed the COS MX base then DEN. Displaced MX from ATW to MKE. Most of the rampers in DEN and ORD out of work. I'm sure I've missed a few things but needless to say they disrupted many families. Lets not forget your schedules you are enjoying and have been enjoying for some time now. Maybe you live out east or you like buying hotel's on both ends. I spent 9 years over there so I think I have a little history. I said U.S. Airways was replacing the 50 seat flying, I didn't say who's, but I assume AWAC's after there contract is up. Remember it's not up to the same people since they got together with AWA. So anyway you keep drinking the cool-aid and enjoy yourself while everyone around you grows and AWAC picks up the scraps. This is not a personal attack it's the way it is and has been for several years now.

P.S. And don't forget where to send the check for the pay cuts WE ALL TOOK , and of course were lied to about.

Last edited:
Mesa probably doesn't care, but any major would eliminate you if you have recent criminal or credit problems. If it's ten years behind you, you can probably explain it away.

What are they looking for at the majors in terms of credit?

[/quote]they disrupted many families.

I said U.S. Airways was replacing the 50 seat flying, I didn't say who's, but I assume AWAC's after there contract is up.[/quote]

All lying aside about the pay cuts and the current contract which no one really disputes, it was not AWAC's decision to close the United bases. It was United's and there's alone, thus, the changes in bases the past few years were a necessity for this company to stay afloat. AWAC believes in their product so I for one am glad they didn't sell themselves short just to retain the flying; that goes for the pilot groups and other unions, too. So, we have a newer contract that, if my math is correct, doesn't elapse for another 9 years. Granted that is an eternity in the airline business, but your original post about Airways getting rid of the 50-seaters - in all fairness - was taken in the context that this is happening now or will happen at AWAC in the very near future. We've put our nose in every RFP that has been announced and are fighting for our share of the pie. My feeling around 'campus' is that the majority of the crewmembers here believe in one way or another that we will be awarded the Midwest flying. While the schedules still suck, optimism is pretty high with all that seems to be on the horizon. Cheers.

This is all the stuff your dad tried to teach you coming true.

You have to be responsible for your own actions and accept the consequences thereof. Whatever misdemeanors might be on your record, you knew it was wrong but you did it anyway. You got caught.

The credit check tells a prospective employer whether you are responsible or reckless and whether you are a theft risk. It is a valid indicator. As an aside, a the background check for a security clearance includes a credit check to see if you are a risk for blackmail or bribery.

Hopefully it was long enough ago as to not be a factor in the hiring decision. Hopefully you actually did learn from your mistakes and if you're hired AWAC will be making the right choice. Whatever you do, don't try to lie about it. Good luck. Seriously, I hope it works out for you.

What are they looking for at the majors in terms of credit?
Defaults on loans crdeit cards and civil judgements. I explained my was less than stellar and the reasons why (Medical bills) and loss of recent job. Now having to start over from the bottom at 1st year pay doesn't help, but as long as one is open and can explain this and not lie, you're ok. Trust me, they have no tolerance for lying. As for the one pulled out of class and canned? Remember there are 3 sides to every story, his, thiers and the truth,

Last edited:
the credit check thing isn't really that important but there is a clause that reads something like the company doesn't want creditors calling them at hq and asking how they can reach you because you haven't paid up on something. they are just making sure that you will bring no possible future problems with you when they hire you.

Latest resources

Back