• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa/usairs Arbitration In !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are an idiot. Enjoy the soup kitchen line. The difference from west to east is that we are a TEAM (and profitable before saving your a$$). I see that in PHL every time I fly into there. Your ridiculous operation embarrasses me and our airline you moron. Did I mention that you are an idiot? Our proposal was fair, your's was insane. The arbitrator had to rule for one or another.

Wow. I have never attacked anyone on this or any other board. No wonder many feel this board is a joke. I was just stating an apparent fact and asking for a West pilots point of view. If you can't add anything to the dabate, you just lash out at someone... truly professional... Your fear shows...

why don't we add all the pilots that work at any airways express carrier to that # because they have the same effect on his bidding position / job security which is jack sh_t. 1,750 people on furlough below him are of less value to him than the couple of pages of paper their names appear on - at least he can burn the paper for warmth.

Because they don't nor have they ever flown aircraft for US Airways, Inc.

How does he have 1750 pilots behind him? They are furloughed and provide no benefit to him. They brought nothing to the table. How hard is that to understand. I feel bad that usairways was doing so poorly but the fact of the matter is furloughed means no job, Active, as dave odell was, means he has something to offer. An actual seat as a 737 fo. These 1750 pilots mean nothing until they return.

Several hundred are already recalled. They will all have the opportunity to return very soon. (Of course we know they won't all come back). But if another 9/11 type event happens, Odell will have some serious cushion under him. And of course had this merger not taken place, any such event would have affected AWA too and Dave would be out on the streets... He just got some serious furlough insurance... maybe...

ALG,

You do realize that Dave has had absolute stagnation for the last two years as a result of this merger right? He SHOULD have a cushion behind him of 300+, but he doesn't right now because of the merger...

And yes, he SHOULD be next to the 19yr pilot who was never furloughed. Before the merger these were two different airlines with two different realities. On one side, junior was just a couple months, and on the other, junior was 19yrs. This is basic stuff...it sucks for the East guy, but his integration spot is not unfair. The fact that he was the junior guy after 19yrs...that is what's unfair, but cannot be righted on the backs of the junior West pilots.

Flylow22,

I'm not going to just roll over and let whoever wants to run their mouth do so, because someone thinks that would be theraputic...you talk as if they suffered such unspeakable loss, when the reality is that the loss they suffered is NOT BEING ABLE TO SCREW me and the next 15 yrs of my career so they could finally get theirs. Grow a pair. If you need a shoulder to cry on, find a therapist.

What I want to know is when can I bid A330 FO back east ?????

Since I'm on the 757, does that make me eligible to fly the 767 domestically ?????

ALG,

You do realize that Dave has had absolute stagnation for the last two years as a result of this merger right? He SHOULD have a cushion behind him of 300+, but he doesn't right now because of the merger...

You are mistaken, there have been around 300 recalls, so Dave does in Fact have 300 below him

I'm at United, recently recalled and very junior. I fully expect to remain junior until 65 has fully unwound and pilots start retiring again. United is not growing; very much like USAirways east has been for the last 15 years (other than 1999-2000). So United's seniority list is going to be very much like Airways east.
That said, I think that DOH is, at best, a poor method of seniority integration. In spite of being super junior for many years with the possibility of a merger hanging over my head, I think that relative seniority is the only reasonable method.

With the USAirways east/west integration, I think that the east got a slightly worse deal. However, their insistence on DOH was so unreasonable that I am surprised that they fared as well as they did.
There are a lot of people from the east upset at the way that this integration turned out. A good share of the blame belongs with the man in the mirror.

I'm a furloughed East guy. The airline was screwed up then and is expodentially screwed up now. You 2 loser airlines deserve each other. You AWA guys sound alot like AA guys during the the TWA deal. I got the recall call 3 weeks ago. No way would I go back to an airline where these junior guys think they are equal to a 19 year guy. As a furloughed guy I expected to get stapled. But the 19 year veteran should have been treated better. To think otherwise shows a lack of respect and integrity on the West's part. What comes around, goes around. And no I have no desire to return to a bunch backstabbing losers. You can say it was the arbitrator's decision, but that doesn't make it ethical or right.

You are mistaken, there have been around 300 recalls, so Dave does in Fact have 300 below him

So suppose, some guys bypassed recall (which many did) and lets say the arbitrator descided to include the recalled east guys in the award (which he did not). How would you handle them? Would you put them (the recalled guys) ahead of the more senior east guys that decided to bypass recall for now? That would sort of be rewriting the east list?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back