• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA/U Seniority Food Fight - The First Salvo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A friend of mine was told that there WILL be 10 planes going away, but we (HP) will take delivery of 13 planes this year, for a net of three planes.

This was confirmed by a post from a member of our MEC.

Still, it's gonna be stagnant for quite a while around cactusland.

HAL

I've been told to take what Cronic has to say with a grain of salt, but lets hope he is correct.

I've also heard about the deliveries of 13 airplanes. Some are saying that is 13 this year but I've also read about airbus deliveries being defered until 2009. Are those 13 independent of the defered aircraft, or are they included?

It would seem that if we are going to opperate under two seperate certs for 2-3 years, and GECAS wants their planes back ASAP, UsAirways pilots are going to feel much more of a pinch then those at AWA.

Also, I've seen the fleet reduction numbers myself and was suprised to see them getting rid of 4 319's. Well it appears that D.P. was corrected and the plan is to get rid of 4 A1 powered 320's.

p.s. that info comes from the MEC web board

Neubyfly said:
Dangerkitty said:
TheDonger said:
Yes they did say that as well as "We are Sax 5th avenue and they are K-Mart"

That was in response to your MEC's BS integration methodology that called for "neighborhoods" which was nothing more than a watered down attempt at getting you guys DOH. Thats were the response came from.

Jeff Helgeson said:
.....sometimes I worry about posting something really stupid, but then I read this board and think, I don't have anything to worry about!

Hilarious!!!!!! I had tears in my eyes. :D

Last edited:
ALL integrations suck. There is always someone who "gets hosed".

Here's proof--On one of my last captain trips I shared the van with a NW 320 captain. He was in the last class to be hired by Republic. As I was informing him that I was losing my seat and would probably get laid off in a few months (it ended up being a year but who's counting... :rolleyes: ) he told me his sob story. It was going to take him another three years longer to upgrade to 744 captain because of the draconian fences imposed by the NWA pilots.

EGAD! And I thought I had it bad. I'm still losing sleep over his plight... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Integrations suck. Getting laid off sucks worse. Hope no one goes through either in the future. (But I know they will.)TC

JetMonkey said:
You think it's fair to put new off-the-street hires before furloughes??? I don't. These guys and gals HAD posistions here, the poolies didn't, plain and simple. As far as DOH, yes your right I wouldn't be happy but guess what, neither would the most senior guy here (AWA). It's obvious DOH isn't going to work because of a "windfall" occurance. Percentage is probably the best way to go, if the furloughes were 90-100% down the list when they left, then they would be at 90-100% down the new merged list (which is where I am). What's so unfair about that?

i agree, i was making the point that very few people will be happy, from "pooliel" to 25+ year captains. i just hope it works out with the least amount of pain for all.

Furloughees

Guys---

I could be wrong but....

It seems that the reason for the LOA about furloughees owuld be so that Dougie does not have to hire any one back at one cent more than starting pay.

Can you really imagine Parker allowing guys to come back with 15 year pay??? If he does not have to---- I do not think this is up to the two ALPA MEC's to decide.--- If there is an LOA that allows AWA/USAIR to save money by screwing furloughees back to first year pay...then you can bet that is what they will do... regardless of what we think.

Latest resources

Back