• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
TheDonger said:
TWA 2 ASA FO said:
I don't foresee you guys hearing "We are major league baseball players, and you guys are the hot-dog vendors in our ballpark." from their union.

No, the APA never said that. It's just another bitter TWA Furloughee spreading more lies about the buyout and integration.

Thank God I am watching this integration from the sidelines. I never wanna go through that ever again.

Yes they did say that as well as "We are Sax 5th avenue and they are K-Mart"

Neubyfly,

I heard it was Nieman Marcus, regardless it was uncalled for, there seems to have been many things said on both sides. However it is hard to accept what one says as the feeling of the masses.

AAflyer

Sorry for the few that said such "trash"

Reebo said:
you wouldn't be saying that if you were in the "pool" or waiting for an interview. why not just let them "merge" in with their date of hire. i'd bet you would be screaming how unfair that is, but hey they were hired before you weren't they?

You think it's fair to put new off-the-street hires before furloughes??? I don't. These guys and gals HAD posistions here, the poolies didn't, plain and simple. As far as DOH, yes your right I wouldn't be happy but guess what, neither would the most senior guy here (AWA). It's obvious DOH isn't going to work because of a "windfall" occurance. Percentage is probably the best way to go, if the furloughes were 90-100% down the list when they left, then they would be at 90-100% down the new merged list (which is where I am). What's so unfair about that?

Neubyfly said:
Dangerkitty said:
TheDonger said:
Yes they did say that as well as "We are Sax 5th avenue and they are K-Mart"

No, the APA never said that. Ed White, who was one of our negotiators, said that. He took a lot of flak from the membership for saying stuff like that. Totally uncalled for.

It was actually K-mart vs Nordstrom.

RP 04 said:
Where would TWA been today, if it wasn't for AA?

That is the $64M question. Nobody knows. A lot of their guys say that another deal was in the works, namely one with either AWA or Boeing. I believe it.

As far as a stand alone airline, despite what most folks think or thought about TWA, they were actually making money and had one of the best DOT stats. They were becoming a big player in the Caribbean, prompting speculation that AA bought them to "eliminate the competition". They had a ton of baby Airbuses on order, and had a very young fleet.

That said, don't let the comments from the one or two (or 3,4,5) bad apples fool you, the TWA pilot group overall is a class act and were a pleasure to work with.

Jim320 said:
Before the merger the fleet plan included delivery of 11 more airbuses till the end of the year. Now those 11 are going to be pushed back till 2009 and we will park 6 737 300’s and 4 A319. Not sure if we will have any furloughs but it is rumored.

Jim

A friend of mine was told that there WILL be 10 planes going away, but we (HP) will take delivery of 13 planes this year, for a net of three planes. He was also told that three new hire classes are planned this year, two in August and one in September. This came from our VP of flight ops. He was out in LAS for a Q&A last Thursday. It was also stated that since the two airlines will be operating under different certificates for a couple of years, that the U planes going away (~60) would result in more furloughs on their side.

Latest resources

Back