Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA Pilot's trial comes to an end...the tug driver did it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Franklin also testified that he observed the engines on the Airbus 319 were off, another indication that the pilots were not in control of the aircraft, the defense argues.

Yes, they weren't in immediate control of the A/C, but they were in control of what happens with the A/C. Guilty as charged. They had every intention of flying that day. Once they enter the A/C for duty, they are in charge.

I remember reading an article about a drunk driver, who was pulled over on the side of the rode with his car off, getting arrested and convicted all because his keys were in the ignition. A little extreme, but it happens.

This case should have never gone to trial.

The lawyers tried to going negotiate a plea deal with 1 year in jail, but the judge rejected that and decided to tie up the courts with this ridiculous circus.

That's why you have defense lawyers making these arguments. What are they supposed to do? Give up?

but weren't they on an A-320? Isn't the autopilot pic on that a/c?

"If it was an Airbus ...

you cannot convict us!"

(with apologies to the late Johnny C.)

Minhberg

:)D)

FN FAL said:
One break, coming up!

Change, and nothing stays the same
Unchained, yeah ya hit the ground running

The really sad part about all of this is that local authority knew of the drunken condition of the pilots long before the push back. Instead of pulling them for testing before the cabin door was closed they waited until pushback in order to "get the conviction." If the ruling comes down that these pilots were in control of the aircraft then the local authority is partially to blame for allowing them to be there.

It was extremely poor judgement on the part of the pilots. It was prudent however, of the TSA person to stop them. I just wish that the TSA dude (or chick) would have pulled them to the side and said something like "call in sick or I'm turning you in". I think that's the only thing that they could have done better. I'm not saying that's their job to stick up for the pilots, but I would just hope they would do so out of decency. I know, I know you guys are going to argue that isn't their job, but hey, its just my opinion. Its what I would do, pull them to the side.

No jail time.

Then they would think they got away with it again (and I say "again" because I am absolutely certain this is not the first time they tried "getting away with it"), and there would be a next time, and a next time, and a next time until they were caught and forced to face up to their problems.

"Close calls" never do the trick in these situations.

Yank McCobb said:
Then they would think they got away with it again (and I say "again" because I am absolutely certain this is not the first time they tried "getting away with it"), and there would be a next time, and a next time, and a next time until they were caught and forced to face up to their problems.

"Close calls" never do the trick in these situations.

And to think how many other pilots are doing this exact same thing. I've flown with quite a few. Used to anyway.

Latest resources

Back