• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA Pilots File Application For Preliminary Injunction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quick, tell the NMB they messed up by certifying a sham. Let us know when they are gonna fix world hunger too.

The NMB certified a new union. They made no value judgement on the merits of that union, or the possibility of getting Nic overturned.

The NMB certified a new union. They made no value judgement on the merits of that union, or the possibility of getting Nic overturned.

Well you have a point... or two.

The NMB made a single carrier determination and certified the vote. It was the pilots (Not the NMB) who selected the CB&L they wanted. The NMB didn't declare it was a good union, they just certified that the pilots apparently thought so. And of course there are legal consequences to the vote (perhaps why ALPA was so averse to allowing votes).

As far as the NMB making no determination about overturning NIC, so what. AWAAPA hasn't ever asked for NIC to be implemented. They still are asking the judge to call it a negotiating position.

Fine. And then we'll vote. Its the union way.

I think it can be proven that in terms of the craft and class of pilots employed by US Airways, that no single carrier exists. Since there was no legitimate basis for allowing a representation election, USAPA is indeed a sham by definition.

If the east wanted to bolt from ALPA, then they had every right. Dragging the AWA pilots into their sty was unconscionable.

Turtle-
Why is a vote on a contract more important than having the right to vote on your reps who will choose those responsible for negotiating that contract?

You seem to be begging for a concessionary cram down, before your illegitimate union is thrown off the property. How much are you willing to pay for your DOH list (in other words how much is a west job worth to you?)? Are you willingto take a 10% pay cut? 20%? Gutting remaining work rules?

How bad do you have to have it?

Turtle-
Why is a vote on a contract more important than having the right to vote on your reps who will choose those responsible for negotiating that contract?

You seem to be begging for a concessionary cram down, before your illegitimate union is thrown off the property. How much are you willing to pay for your DOH list (in other words how much is a west job worth to you?)? Are you willingto take a 10% pay cut? 20%? Gutting remaining work rules?

How bad do you have to have it?

Many of these Eastholes are so blinded by arrogance that they'll take ANY contract with ANY concession just to feel in control of something. That's why the Class Action Lawsuits are against the company as well. They can't hang the "carrot" of DOH with a worse-than Mesa- Contract. The mere fact that those suits got filed is enough to take DOH off the table forever. No DOH, No USAPA.

"You folks won't be voting on anything for a long, long time."

As far as asking if DOH was part of ALPA merger policy.. you may as well ask if DOH is planned to be part of the new ALPA merger policy.. While both questions may have some entertainment value neither has any relevance.

Turtle, you still have not answered my question.

Was ALPA merger policy at the time the EAST and WEST MEC agreed to binding arbitration DOH?

Whether it may or not be is a moot point. Only what was part of the C&BL's at the time.

And you can spout unionism all you want. But a self appointed MEC for 18 months with not one elected WEST representative is an absolute joke. And if that isn't something you can't understand... Well there in lies the problem. Turn the tables for a moment. If the WEST pilots did what USAPA has done, you folks would be doing far worse than anything you have seen from our side.......

So when can we expect the good UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA come to a decision on this injunction?

Also, when are these 161 unfortunate souls supposed to start collecting unemployment?

Flyby,
A brief was submitted this past Thursday which starts the first clock. I believe (not sure-I am not well versed in law) the judge has two weeks to review it and determine if he/she wants to pull the lawyers into court to argue its merits. If that happens I think the judge can rule in short order to injunct or to toss it out. Long live AOL.

Also, close to 60 west pilots OCT 1, about the same on NOV1, and the rest on DEC1 are going to hit the streets. The OCT guys are really up against it with the clock now. Hopefully the court gets to the case in time to make a fair determination before their time is up.

Last edited:
Flyby,
A brief was submitted this past Thursday which starts the first clock. I believe (not sure-I am not well versed in law) the judge has two weeks to review it and determine if he/she wants to pull the lawyers into court to argue its merits. If that happens I think the judge can rule in short order to injunct or to toss it out. Long live AOL.

Also, close to 60 west pilots OCT 1, about the same on NOV1, and the rest on DEC1 are going to hit the streets. The OCT guys are really up against it with the clock now. Hopefully the court gets to the case in time to make a fair determination before their time is up.

Hopefully the judge provides his decision before any furloughs.

None of this is going to make a hill of a difference soon. US Airways is a POS airlined bound to be out of business by the end of 2009! Then let all the eastholes go out and find jobs!

Latest resources

Back