• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA Pilots File Application For Preliminary Injunction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then I guess the next obvious question is how are you going to lead the pilot group going forward? Is every issue going to be litigated since either side doesn't represent the other? You can't get a divorce so what are you going to do?

You can claim the marriage was a sham to begin with and let the battered party escape so that they can adequately legally defend themselves.

USAPA should be happy to help argue against the single-carrier status. They don't want to represent the west anyhow, why not let the west go back to ALPA and let things play out the way they were supposed to.

We are where we are because ALPA "unionism" was by definition a fraudulent apparition. There was no unity, and worse ALPA ensured the most virulent disunity, among "members", that anyone could ever imagine. Buh Bye ALPA.
So you traded one fraud for another? I though the goal was to get something better, not status quo or worse.

Suppose you were forced to buy it even though you know it was made out of paper mache' and they also forced you to sign a service agreement that cost you thousands more than the car was worth, even if it was a real Corvette. Then you know how the west feels about USAPA.

News flash. There is no East and West. There is one union and each member in good standing gets to vote.

Cast your vote and grab a glass of beer to celebrate unionism.:beer:

News flash. There is no East and West. There is one union and each member in good standing gets to vote.

Cast your vote and grab a glass of beer to celebrate unionism.:beer:

And you were serious when you wrote that!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't respond to turtlesville. He won't answer questions; he's just a flamer, ridiculous posts with no real input on the issue. There isn't a stand up East guy on this board that will defend the East's actions. You can't defend it when your are out to cheat others on an areement. Unfortunately, 161 Mainline AWA pilots will hit the street while East Furloughees remain employed out East. Some unionism ... no I won't drink to that.

Don't respond to turtlesville. He won't answer questions; he's just a flamer, ridiculous posts with no real input on the issue. There isn't a stand up East guy on this board that will defend the East's actions. You can't defend it when your are out to cheat others on an areement. Unfortunately, 161 Mainline AWA pilots will hit the street while East Furloughees remain employed out East. Some unionism ... no I won't drink to that.

MK82Man,

The reason for the disagreement is obviously a foundational disagreement about what defines what is "just" (or actually a union). Some are content with redefining the terms that amount to "just" if it suits them, without regard to others.

For a hint on who re-defines terms, one need not search further than to identify the ones who invent derogatory names (or unsernames) with partial semblance to reality..

Thanks for your addition.

As an aside, the Nic was not based upon any principles of unionism, which should have been abundantly obvious to even a casual observer, by now. To ALPA's credit it was but an fitting end to a long list of re-defining the terms to suit a few oligarchs who hated unionism.

Until everyone embraces the terms of unionism there will continue to be wasted efforts on lawsuits centered on selfish hate and discontent, justified by such ALPA-esque terms that confused a generation or more of union pretenders.

Drive on.

As an aside, the Nic was not based upon any principles of unionism, which should have been abundantly obvious to even a casual observer, by now.

No, Nic was not based on unionism, whatever that is. It was based on ALPA merger policy. As it should have been. As I read in interpret the policy, the Nic award was not perfect, but was pretty darn close to what I would have done.

The East pilots will not be able to overturn the Nic award. The best they can do is stall, and or keep the two companies seperate somehow.

If you, and the other East assklowns, via USAPA are the ones to define "unionism" as you call it, you really need to quit smoking weed for a while.

Thank you, Soulfly, for your illustrative response. Don't forget to cast your vote.

No, Nic was not based on unionism, whatever that is. It was based on ALPA merger policy. As it should have been. As I read in interpret the policy, the Nic award was not perfect, but was pretty darn close to what I would have done.

The East pilots will not be able to overturn the Nic award. The best they can do is stall, and or keep the two companies seperate somehow.

"unionism, whatever that is."

That sums it up nicely. There isn't even a desire to have an agreed terms of basis (so long as a pretend union group of oligarchs came up with something more personally beneficial).

Be that as it may, Nic received falsified seniority lists, quite innocently on his part. Even so there exists no desire to "overturn" Nic. It is quite sufficient to merely ignore such flawed and destructive propositions. Should a judge require that Nic be voted on as the negotiated position that it is (as AWAAPA has asked the judge to declare) then any good union member will be happy to vote on it, even if as former members of ALPA there exists hardly anyone accustomed to voting.

Latest resources

Back