• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA Pilots File Application For Preliminary Injunction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You folks won't be voting on anything for a long, long time.

I know Parker much better than you do, and you won't see a contract this decade. Period. There is nothing in it for Parker to get a TA on the table.

Thanks for being such a fair and impartial union and negotiating the Section 6 notice the west pilots filed prior the NMB election. Cynics......

And BTW, was DOH part of ALPA merger policy?

You folks won't be voting on anything for a long, long time.

I know Parker much better than you do, and you won't see a contract this decade. Period. There is nothing in it for Parker to get a TA on the table.

Thanks for being such a fair and impartial union and negotiating the Section 6 notice the west pilots filed prior the NMB election. Cynics......

And BTW, was DOH part of ALPA merger policy?

"You folks won't be voting on anything for a long, long time."

We folks.. We folks would be so much more.. unionlike.

As far as asking if DOH was part of ALPA merger policy.. you may as well ask if DOH is planned to be part of the new ALPA merger policy.. While both questions may have some entertainment value neither has any relevance.

Without an ALPA membership number I suspect ALPA wouldn't even be willing to discuss the difference between the two questions, unless of course it was in the context of a sales pitch to organize for ALPA. So objective and altruistic (err, unionesque?), they are.

I'm not sure where the turtle comes up with all this talk of "votes". Bradford has created a dictatorship that prevents votes on such important matter as base reps (or whatever USAPA has decided to call the equivalent) until he deems the time right. So while he derides the "Oligarchs" (poor choice of terms by the way) who actually accomplished alot for many pilots over the years, he defends the dictator of the junta that is USAPA and has yet to accomplish anything. The votes they did have on, west membership, they screwed up. It was simple enough for them to just follow their own Constitution, but alas they couldn't be bothered.

Without USAPA, there would be two separate sides and the west would be free to pursue their self-interests and comply with the original terms of the TA. However a flawed Single Carrier determination paved the way for the east to grab power.

USAPA is more akin to a street gang than a union, unfortunately they are legally compelled to serve the interests of their prey, an obligation they have successfully abrogated for 6 months. And like a street gang, they are marginalized even though they crave attention. No one takes them seriously, but dealing with them eats up precious resources.

Maybe enough on the east will get past their buyers remorse and oust Bradford et.al. and install real leaders who recognize the value of west participation in achieving their mutual goals. More likely a judge will see through USAPA's shenanigans and force them to carry out their legal responsibilities. The end of USAPA will surely follow.

I think I saw some USAPA guys stealing milk from a baby over on the C concourse the other day. Luckily, for all of humanity, some humble and caring West pilots were helping out at a nearby orphanage during their lunch break. Upon hearing the news of this horrific act by those terrorists, they quickly finished up at the orphanage and ran out to a nearby farm, where they purchased some milk and rushed it back to the airport. I heard a rumor that they were being put up for a medal of valor from the city.

I figured if it was story time I could help out with some fiction of my own.

Bradford has created a dictatorship

"Oligarchs" (poor choice of terms

defends the dictator of the junta that is USAPA

a flawed Single Carrier determination paved the way for the east to grab power.

USAPA is more akin to a street gang than a union,

And like a street gang, they are marginalized even though they crave attention.

the value of west participation

The end of USAPA will surely follow.

If your entire proposition is an attempt to reject reality by redefining all the terms.. perhaps the issue is a habit of denial.

Don't forget to vote. And before you do consider that your vote is just one, like everyone else's.. Unless you are a privileged member of an oligarch. :laugh:

If your entire proposition is an attempt to reject reality by redefining all the terms.. perhaps the issue is a habit of denial.

Don't forget to vote. And before you do consider that your vote is just one, like everyone else's.. Unless you are a privileged member of an oligarch. :laugh:

Reject reality? Isn't that what you guys are good at when you don't get your way?

I think I saw some USAPA guys stealing milk from a baby over on the C concourse the other day. Luckily, for all of humanity, some humble and caring West pilots were helping out at a nearby orphanage during their lunch break. Upon hearing the news of this horrific act by those terrorists, they quickly finished up at the orphanage and ran out to a nearby farm, where they purchased some milk and rushed it back to the airport. I heard a rumor that they were being put up for a medal of valor from the city.

I figured if it was story time I could help out with some fiction of my own.

Hey if you're creating fiction, why didn't you throw in DOH.

"unionism, whatever that is."

That sums it up nicely. There isn't even a desire to have an agreed terms of basis (so long as a pretend union group of oligarchs came up with something more personally beneficial).

What was agreed upon was the process by which a seniority list would be obtained. Both the East and West agreed to the process. The East even got their first choice of arbitrators, Nicolau.

What happened was the East pilots didn't like the result of the arbitration and decided to form a sham union, not based on any common goals or principles, but in to attempt to evade an award they had agreed to be bound by. Its shameless, gross mob rule and everyone knows it.

BTW, unionism is about working together for a common goal and honoring your committments to your fellow union member.

What was agreed upon was the process by which a seniority list would be obtained. Both the East and West agreed to the process. The East even got their first choice of arbitrators, Nicolau.

What happened was the East pilots didn't like the result of the arbitration and decided to form a sham union, not based on any common goals or principles, but in to attempt to evade an award they had agreed to be bound by. Its shameless, gross mob rule and everyone knows it.

BTW, unionism is about working together for a common goal and honoring your committments to your fellow union member.

Quick, tell the NMB they messed up by certifying a sham. Let us know when they are gonna fix world hunger too.

And yes, unionism is about working together for a common goal (that is defined by a vote). If a "union" attempts to cram down something that was determined outside of the union then it isn't "common".

Exercise your vote!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back