• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA Pilots File Application For Preliminary Injunction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMO - if the courts say to abaide furloughs will still happen they would just furlough by DOH up to the most senior DOH on the east side etting the ax -

the most senior east guy getting the ax guy is 3546ish and his DOH is oct/nov 2004. thus they would equil this out west. it will save a few west guys (good thing) but there would still be furloughs - but now both sides are furloughed back to equil DOH's

just how I see the company getting around it

None of this is going to make a hill of a difference soon. US Airways is a POS airlined bound to be out of business by the end of 2009! Then let all the eastholes go out and find jobs!
Don't know if "out by the end of 2009" is accurate, but I think it's accurate to say that these 2 groups will never, never come together without killing each other. Therefore the airline is doomed.

just how I see the company getting around it
There's plenty of ways the company can get around it. The whole point is to get them to abide by the TA even when USAPA isn't. The West has no representation so the courts are our only tool.

Quick, tell the NMB they messed up by certifying a sham.

It's a sham union because it is not based on common goals, but on the desire of a mob of bitter pilots to steal the seniority of a smaller pilot group. Pathetic.

And yes, unionism is about working together for a common goal (that is defined by a vote). If a "union" attempts to cram down something that was determined outside of the union then it isn't "common".

USAPA is all about cramming down a sham seniority list on a smaller pilot group. Hardly the basis of true unionism.

This AWAPPA complaint is BS. This thing seeks to have ALL repeat ALL furloughs come from the east side. Now that's real fair considering most of the flying lost was on the west side.

This AWAPPA complaint is BS. This thing seeks to have ALL repeat ALL furloughs come from the east side. Now that's real fair considering most of the flying lost was on the west side.

NO.

BS is
1. Failing to abide and accept a federal final and binding decision.
2. Failing to return to the negotiation table last year.
3. Demonizing ALPA for all of your woes, and voting in your little association, and failing to properly represent the interests of ALL US Airways pilots.

PS According to the NMB, there is no East side or West side. We are all one carrier. You kids can fly out here, and those of us interested can fly out there.

PSS Enjoyed a 100% mechanical not long ago, and have a couple of 100% DH's coming up. You could have enjoyed the same, had integrity mattered more than an unachievable DOH.

not one elected WEST representative is an absolute joke. And if that isn't something you can't understand... Well there in lies the problem.
I will never change your opinion on USAPA, I wont even try. But I do have to ask you how the West is supposed to have an elected rep, when nobody from the west will run? Are not the West pilots supposed to vote in a West rep? PHX and LAS. I can just imagine the screams if an East pilots was appointed to the position. (and rightly so)

I will never change your opinion on USAPA, I wont even try. But I do have to ask you how the West is supposed to have an elected rep, when nobody from the west will run? Are not the West pilots supposed to vote in a West rep? PHX and LAS. I can just imagine the screams if an East pilots was appointed to the position. (and rightly so)

No one has been elected to any position in USAPA. They are all appointed so far. Perhaps Bradford will convene a draft board to conscribe a west rep. Maybe he'll appoint his pet guinea pig.

Latest resources

Back