• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA/AAA negotiations update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The East MEC can stall and drag this for only a relatively short time.

Ultimately, corporate interests will overrule the East MEC and another unpleasant situation will be forced upon them.

I suppose at that point they could all resign enmasse, but in the eyes of the corporation, that is survivable and would allow them to move forward.

The East MEC WILL (with absolute certainty) lose the fight of impeading unification of the carriers.

An absolute certainty of loss for them.

I say let the Easties shoot themselves in the foot (again). Let's see if the decert drive works (my guess is no). Let's see if the company just sits back idly while the East refuses to negotiate in the JNC (my guess is no). Let's see if they burn the place down when they still don't get what they demand (my guess is no). My hope is that good sense will eventually prevail and I'm willing to wait. Their extortion attempt will fail.

We can blah blah all we want, but this will probably get ironed out to EVERYONE's disliking sooner than later.

It just sucks being stuck on the roller coaster when we could be much closer to a real contract and real gains for both sides.

Here's something nice about an eastie...hat's off to this guy. Is it 5 chest, 2 breath, or 15 chest, 1 breath...? Looks like he figured it out.

A couple days old...of course, no one ever posts good stuff like this....

"This morning at DCA a US Airways passenger experienced a massive heart attack while waiting at a security checkpoint. US Airways First Officer Phillip Cote, assisted by two TSA employees, leapt into action and immediately began CPR. Paramedics arrived and transported the passenger to the hospital. Thanks to FO Phillip Cote’s immediate actions the customer’s life was saved!"

To all:

Parker met in PHX with the pilots Wednesday.

Toward the end of the meeting he basically, in a round about way stated:

One, he is not going to run the airline with two different pilot contracts.

Two: If he has to use the NMB he hopes all three sides agree to go, like IAM is doing.

Three: In a round about way he stated he is tired of the hard lines being drawn in the sand and that this is only put more friction between the two groups. Reading between the lines he also stated that there might have to be provisions put in the contract to protect the east guys. Now he did not go as far as what to put in the contract, but you could tell this comment was directed at the West MEC, since the West is the group stating we want nothing to do with seniority in the contract, the award is the award. (The West MEC was in attendance at this get together.)

Time will tell how all this plays out. But from Parkers comments he wants to get this contract moving forward.

To all:

Parker met in PHX with the pilots Wednesday.

Toward the end of the meeting he basically, in a round about way stated:

One, he is not going to run the airline with two different pilot contracts.

Two: If he has to use the NMB he hopes all three sides agree to go, like IAM is doing.

Three: In a round about way he stated he is tired of the hard lines being drawn in the sand and that this is only put more friction between the two groups. Reading between the lines he also stated that there might have to be provisions put in the contract to protect the east guys. Now he did not go as far as what to put in the contract, but you could tell this comment was directed at the West MEC, since the West is the group stating we want nothing to do with seniority in the contract, the award is the award. (The West MEC was in attendance at this get together.)

Time will tell how all this plays out. But from Parkers comments he wants to get this contract moving forward.

I agree. Parker would like to see the west agree to fences. The most the east could realistically hope for though is 3-4 yrs. This is because the longest they can hold it up in court for is 2-5 years and we know it. I doubt this is good enough for the east however which will leave Parker no choice but to continue with the plan that is currently in the works.

I say we should definitely negotiate some additional fence provisions for the East -- after they stop holding the joint negotiations hostage and drop the nuisance suit.

I say we should definitely negotiate some additional fence provisions for the East -- after they stop holding the joint negotiations hostage and drop the nuisance suit.

Ok let's see.

1. we tried to negotiate a senority list

2. Then we tried to mediate a senority list.

3. Then we went to arbitration, and then arbitrator effectively picked a position between the two extremes. East DOH and West aircraft on order growth arguement. A compromise.

4. The East is unhappy because they did not get DOH (which by the way is not part of the current merger policy) and instead got a relative senoirty integration (which is Alpa merger policy) an arbitration awarded by one of the most expierenced and respected arbitrators in the country (hey both sides agreed to him)

5. Now the West is being asked to compromise again? what? shall we give the east 75% of what they want because they are uncooperative cry babies? and we get stuck with 25%

6. compromise only works when both sides have something to offer, the East is not offering anything! all they have is demands. Until they offer something significant then there really is no discussion.

7. The West pilot's don't intend on "taking one for team!"

Dude, I want a raise. I want a competitive company. I want a national union that follows its own bylaws. These guys are hurting us all.

How many Westies could give a crap about the East?

You ever try to take the bowl away from a cat and have the damn thing growl and swing at you even though the reason you're taking the bowl is to put more food in it?

That my friends is the East Coast USAirways pilot group in a nutshell... "I don't want a raise, I don't want better work rules, I don't want a stable company, I want my name on a list higher up than that young guy at AWA.

7. The West pilot's don't intend on "taking one for team!"
Easy, killer. I said "negotiate", which means a give-and-take as opposed to unilateral concessions. Without a gun to our head we can talk. Of course, conducting negotiations is no guarantee of success.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back