• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avoid airline career

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can promise I wasnt saying that was alot its sh!t very Sh!t but I was correcting his statement. And theres no reason to make capt here were gonna be paid the same all around by the time JC gets done protecting his dream of running for alpa pres thankfully when he tries people will just laugh

comrcap said:
If you're stupid enough to take student loans or spend 100 g's for your ratings on top of a degree for this industry, then NO BITCHING ALLOWED! First year at Comair....18,000
2nd....22500
5th 35000

Heck of a return on invewstment huh!
Get a PhD.
100G's?????? Awwwww, you went to ERAU didnt you, I got all of mine for 25K!

merlindrvr88 said:
Wow,
Good job samballs!! Way to stand up for your industry, a whole 24,000.00. I make over 4 times that amount in my turbo-prop. I am typed in many jets, but quality of life and time home are important to me. Can't wait to make Captain, HUH?
you're making $128,000/yr flying a TP??? really?....

He's made 24k so far this year, which equals out to 32k/yr reserve

4 x 32k = $128,000

As you said, you've got several types and 7000 hours. To compare your job with a second year FO is like comparing the pay of a master chef with a subway 'artist'.

We all know the pay sucks, which is why less and less people are getting into the regionals, and more and more of these zero time programs are coming out. It'll just be a matter of time, if the majors keep eroding benefits and pay...

Last edited:
TabExpressF/O said:
That's why you have to wait till you get on with a major to get your return. And then, what a return it is! It's a realization of our dreams!
TAB? They are the worst pilots. I have seen more fail upgrades than anyone else. I have also interviewed a few. What a loser school. That avatar? are you kidding me? DORKS!!!
you arent allowed to have an opinion

Riddle was great! I wouldn't choose a different path if it cost 2x as much. College was the best years of my life and I made friends for a life time, I kinnda feel bad for anyone who skipped college, you missed a great chance to grow as a person. The industry will be great again one day soon! True the first couple of years can be a little hard, but there are other ways to make money on the side, for example, I design A320 and E190 training videos and software on the side. You can web programming and you can even become real estate broker. Ive heard of pilots who are undertakers and even lawyers on the side. A friend who was a pilot decided to go into ATC and in his 2nd year makes over 60k and will soon make over 100k, but I could imagine looking at planes instead of being in em. I guess im a die hard, but I could never imagine doing anything else, I still have to pinch myself every day. C'mon everyone, lets be happy go lucky again, there are ppl out there who have it way worse then us. FLY SAFE!!

greg52083 said:
Riddle was great! I wouldn't choose a different path if it cost 2x as much. College was the best years of my life and I made friends for a life time, I kinnda feel bad for anyone who skipped college, you missed a great chance to grow as a person. The industry will be great again one day soon! True the first couple of years can be a little hard, but there are other ways to make money on the side, for example, I design A320 and E190 training videos and software on the side. You can web programming and you can even become real estate broker. Ive heard of pilots who are undertakers and even lawyers on the side. A friend who was a pilot decided to go into ATC and in his 2nd year makes over 60k and will soon make over 100k, but I could imagine looking at planes instead of being in em. I guess im a die hard, but I could never imagine doing anything else, I still have to pinch myself every day. C'mon everyone, lets be happy go lucky again, there are ppl out there who have it way worse then us. FLY SAFE!!
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truckin' vs Aviatin'

TNHillbilly said:
Yes I would have just as much fun driving a truck, and there is not much difference.

The first 300,000 miles of trucking were fun for me. After that, it got to be pretty old. Too much of a grind. I much prefer aviating to trucking.

Regul8r said:
Feel free to turn the auto pilot off and fly all 8 legs by hand and then tell us how similar it is to driving a truck to minimums.

What the hell do you think us old guys did back 'in the day' of a commuter pilot

greg52083 said:

I bet you were the kid that got gang rapped in gradeschool by all the gym teachers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back