• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avoid airline career

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That must have been a hell of a concession package. When I was offered an interview about 18 months ago they said 1st year was about 20000, second was 34-37000 depending on if I were on the CR2 or CR7. I was on pace for 24000 year 1 at Mesaba. And no that does not count per diem.

Whiskerbizkit said:
How about not going to Riddle,FIT, or any other high price aviation college for a 100 grand degree in nothing then the 50 grand for the ratings.

Spend the money on law school and become a bankruptcy attorney, that seems to be where all the money is in aviation. If you want to pursue flying, do it as a hobby.

Too many negative vibes, this still a great career where else can a high school grad have shot at making $100K by his early 30's. Besides if you are doing something you like and being paid well for it, tons of people never experience that. Still living the dream, 60 years later.

JetPilot_Mike said:
And there folks is the problem. :bomb:

Testify! While people like Hillbilly with his non-aviation experience revolving around driving a tractor are proudly wearing their blue collar background as a badge of honor, other people are trying to raise themselves to the level of the profession instead of dimming it down a notch to something they can understand. Feel free to turn the auto pilot off and fly all 8 legs by hand and then tell us how similar it is to driving a truck to minimums.

Last edited:
comrcap said:
If you're stupid enough to take student loans or spend 100 g's for your ratings on top of a degree for this industry, then NO BITCHING ALLOWED! First year at Comair....18,000
2nd....22500
5th 35000

Heck of a return on invewstment huh!
Get a PhD.

I'm on 2nd year pay at comair and have already brought home over 24,000. I can hold a line but choose to bid reserve to have weekends off

Last edited:
Couldn't agree with you more pilotyip, it's a great career. Those of you who are so unhappy should get out and find a job you enjoy, life's too short to be unhappy.

It doesn't really matter, as long as there is no regulation airlines can lose money on purpose. You can thank the LCC's for giving you an RPM that puts you on food stamps.

Ratherbsurfing said:
Couldn't agree with you more pilotyip, it's a great career. Those of you who are so unhappy should get out and find a job you enjoy, life's too short to be unhappy.

DITTO THAT!

Wow,
Good job samballs!! Way to stand up for your industry, a whole 24,000.00. I make over 4 times that amount in my turbo-prop. I am typed in many jets, but quality of life and time home are important to me. Can't wait to make Captain, HUH?

samballs said:
I'm on 2nd year pay at comair and have already brought home over 24,000. I can hold a line but choose to bid reserve to have weekends off
Are you for real? I can bring home more than that from the sperm bank, get every night home in my bed, weekends off and work my own hours.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back