Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blah, Blah, Blah

Starman said:
But you'll see that soon enough down at the bottom of our seniority list. Get the gear biatch.

Ah, the infamous “Star-Boy” prophesizes once again.

Translation: I’m pissed because you got a better deal than me and your non-union. (which makes me cry deep within my psychic because not only do I make ½ of what you do, I still have to pay union dues) So I’m gonna get my buddies together and we’re gonna act like real Teamsters and take what is ours! Who’s with me……….

NJI Pilot response (GIV or GV that is): Aaahh, hey Debbie (the FA) that meal was delicious. We’re still 4 hours out from Tokyo, could I have another cup of Starbucks before you start making the omelet’s for breakfast?

As for your chest pounding, I believe you made the bold “just wait until June or July statement” and the “lawsuit is being filed next week statement” and the “next week they will understand we mean business statement.”

You’ve basically turned into “Baghdad Bob”

Some Dude said:
All those union construction workers are really miserable. Don't forget all those union people that fought for overtime rules, a 40 hour week, health care, retirement, health and safety rules, those people are really miserable. You know who wasn't miserable?.....The slave owners. How happy are those Walmart workers?I bet they just love working their two and three jobs.

Those that fought for and won the things you refer to were the unions of yesterday. The unions of today are slowly but surely in the process of giving it all back. Check out this thread...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=58280

First year pay at Continental is just over $27,000 with no health insurance for the first 6 months. Continental and many other major airlines have been union shops for quite some time and evidently this is all they have been able to do for their new-hires. Classic example of what years of union representation will do for you.

Exactly what is the Teamster looking at for starting pay, or are you going to throw them under the train like all of the others ???

Last edited:
Wolfy and H2

The company stooges have been bragging that the current offer will make the teamster pilots highest paid in the FRACTIONAL Industry. Not good enough I agree and also a lie since the wolf and his buddies are in the Industry and make more.

But it sure looks like our non union brethren at competing companies should start looking to become Teamsters.

El Chupacabra said:
Wolfy and H2

But it sure looks like our non union brethren at competing companies should start looking to become Teamsters.

Your non-union brethren are probably waiting to see how successful you become in your quest.

h25b said:
Your non-union brethren are probably waiting to see how successful you become in your quest.

I just said according to the Stooges and Trolls we are already successful in negotiating best pay and benefits in the FRACTIONALs.

Now which is it?

Of course you know I can't accept that without being taunted by you and Catyaak for accepting low pay... I gotta go for NBAA pay.

Ok. You heard all the bad stuff. Most of the time what does it involve? Pay.

You may have a "better job" (pay) but I have every other week off - at least until 1 January, (and then I can bid it longer if I wish). I get two weeks vacation (that's off work for 21 days folks, twice a year) and when I complete my 5th year, well, I get another week. After 10 years, I get 4 (count 'em boys) 21 day vacations! I NEVER fly tired. I get plenty to eat on the road, and we stay at great hotels - If there is one. If I find something wrong with the plane, where I think it shouldn't fly - It is grounded. I work hard for this company, unfortunately, they CHOOSE not to pay us a fair wage.

By the way, the Union always stands by the pilots to ensure fair treatment. But, if you do something wrong, or illegal, well - the company can still let you go. They protect you from WRONGFUL treatment, discrimination, harassment and violations of the AGREEMENT between the pilots and the Management.

See in your job, if the management DECIDES to pay you less - you and your family get less money until you can go and get that other, "great job" I am so jealous of. And you probably can get it too - to your credit. Good for you. Or if the boss says, "get me to Aspen tonight - or you're fired" what do you do? Me? I don't have to worry about that, cause I know I have Union protections - and my Company knows it.

NetJets has it's downfalls, but I'd say it is because they pay me less than the Flight Attendants! Not because we have a Union!

Schrode said:

You may have a "better job" (pay) but I have every other week off - at least until 1 January, (and then I can bid it longer if I wish). I get two weeks vacation (that's off work for 21 days folks, twice a year) and when I complete my 5th year, well, I get another week. After 10 years, I get 4 (count 'em boys) 21 day vacations! I NEVER fly tired. I get plenty to eat on the road, and we stay at great hotels - If there is one. If I find something wrong with the plane, where I think it shouldn't fly - It is grounded. I work hard for this company, unfortunately, they CHOOSE not to pay us a fair wage.

By the way, the Union always stands by the pilots to ensure fair treatment. But, if you do something wrong, or illegal, well - the company can still let you go. They protect you from WRONGFUL treatment, discrimination, harassment and violations of the AGREEMENT between the pilots and the Management.

See in your job, if the management DECIDES to pay you less - you and your family get less money until you can go and get that other, "great job" I am so jealous of. And you probably can get it too - to your credit. Good for you. Or if the boss says, "get me to Aspen tonight - or you're fired" what do you do? Me? I don't have to worry about that, cause I know I have Union protections - and my Company knows it.

NetJets has it's downfalls, but I'd say it is because they pay me less than the Flight Attendants! Not because we have a Union!

So make up your mind. Is the company treating you well or not?

If the only gripe you have is pay then why did the union just spend YEARS arguing about everything but pay?

Why does the union leadership put out 5 other 'S' on its list of demands?

Cut the crap and get the deal done.

Schrode said:

Unions will not stop a pay cut. Just ask all the alpa guys about that. When a company goes in the bag, not much the union can do except roll back, regroup and hope things turn around.

FamilyGuy said:
So make up your mind. Is the company treating you well or not?

If the only gripe you have is pay then why did the union just spend YEARS arguing about everything but pay?

Why does the union leadership put out 5 other 'S' on its list of demands?

Cut the crap and get the deal done.

Show me the money.... As in NBAA 90th percentile.

None of this BS fractional industry stuff. Don't want to hear it.

Latest resources

Back