• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Avbugs advetures and experiences

• Who wants avbug to write a book?

Votes: 111 43.7%
  • Who doesn't want avbug to write a book?

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • Who doesn't care if he writes a book?

Votes: 104 40.9%
  • Who wiil support him financially if he writes the book?

Votes: 18 7.1%

• Total voters
I think avbug and Surplus1 could be a "dream team" if they worked together on a book. The experiences that those two have are pretty much "untouchable" by most on the board... I enjoy to the utmost whenever they post and touch on what they have done, seen, or have been involved with over their many years in this business.

a saying that I think holds true than someone once told me..

" Loved by only a few, hated by most, BUT respected by all"

3 5 0

keep posting away avbug.

avbug said:
I don't think any carded aircraft will be sitting idle this year, though.

With half of the western U.S. burning up last season I didn't think there would be nearly enough SEATs, but there sure was quite a number of them sitting standby without making many drops.
I have a friend that flew an 802 and stayed busy (around 42 drops)while we sat idle on standby, and some others that I know also sat around on standby.
We spray ag year round in our part of the country so I am thinking I will stay here and out of that political mess this year.

I have heard about the upcoming changes for the SEAT's, could be lucrative if it all works out. I hope it does.

About those AT's falling apart, were there more than just the two? I know about the 502A breaking the wing in NM a couple of years ago and have heard about one other but nothing beyond that.

Last edited:
Avbug, try this website

Avbug,

Try this website. It's great for first-time authors.

www.1stbooks.com

They will print your book for nothing and give you around $3-$4 per book sold. The catch is that you have to edit it yourself and market it on your own dollar.

Also, think about using voice recognition software. I can crank out 20 pages an hour with it. ViaVoice for Windows Standard v10 only costs around $50. Gateway.com has the best deals for the software.

Anyway, PM me if you have any questions.

Just tryin' to help,

SR

Yes write a book. That way he can stop waisting our precious time with his insanely long posts!!!!!!!!!!

You can tell a great man by the long list of his critics.

If you ever put your life in a book, I want an autographed copy.
Just tell me where to send the $$ and how much.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

I haven't decided on a price yet. I'm not sure I can pay very many people very much money to read it...

Fire stuff......

I don't know Avbug but do know that fire people know who is for real... you find out real fast who is okay at treetop level and who shouldn't be doing it. It's the finest bunch of people you could hope to work with, unfortunately the job has taken a very high toll of flight crews over the years, especially in the airtanker industry. There is just no margin for error or engine failure/whatever, when you are low and slow in a canyon bottom. They are a great bunch.... I know I've always felt lucky to work with people like that.....

Firefighting work

The other day, a friend of mine who has flown all sorts of airplanes and has around 11,000 hours of flying time asked me a surprising question. He wanted to know where he could contact firefighting companies.

Since Avbug and others have done this, could you post the names and contact info for the companies that do this every year? I'll pass it on to him.

Thanks.

I have always enjoyed your posts avbug. I think you have brought a lot to this board.

Latest resources

Back