• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avbase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stay away. Take a guess why they are always hiring every few months?. You got it, speak to a few of their former pilots and you will pass on this without a second thought. A board search should also do the trick. Fred Kirby is a very nice guy, just a sh!tty operation and work rules that leave a lot to be desired. Take it for what it is worth.

good luck

Avbase Warning

Do not go there unless you want to lose your sanity. They are down to 2 a/c right now. Contract pilots only come back for a second helping if they are in real need and even then they have had regrets. I know that place all tooooo well.
The mgmt is the worst and the lead flight support person (there are only two now because they have gotten rid of everyone else one way or another) is a real @#$%^*!. The $ situation is something you should investigate before venturing in.
Fred Kirby retired.

hiring aliens I think. They are only allowed to hire Indians like you amigo ;)

(couldn't resist there my new big friend ! ;) can't you feel the luv?)

FD

I left like most people do there. It is hard to believe one place could be so difficult. The people I feel sorry for the most are the pilots. They are the only true value to that company and DePalma doesnt provide for them in the least.

How bad is it really at Avbase? What aircraft do they have on certificate and where is their crew base? Do they hire foreign pilots? I know Dutchdoor is looking.

Well, I know of 3 contract pilots who are still waiting to get paid 8 or more months later! Not to forget the vendors that will never be paid.
But, mostly they do not treat ANYONE like they are human.
There are things you wouldnt believe that go on there. All I can do is discourge others from finding out the hard way.

Latest resources

Back