Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No ... Really?

weather said:
I really don't know where to go now...Maybe back to retail management!....NO! Shoot me now...

Please, tell us more. How long have you worked there? What seems to be the problem? We have asked for first hand accounts but only get rhetoric.

Please elaborate. You would be doing us all a favor.

Well...I do like some of the people I worked with, so I find it a little hard to vent and elaborate. Here is a resignation letter of one of the pilots that sued Avbase:

1. I want to thank you for the reduction in pay from over 120,000 in the fourth quarter last year, to 65,000 in the second quarter this year. This reduction pay came before my assignment as Chief Pilot and a written agreement between you, myself and Jim Clifford, for a minimum monthly take home pay of 6500.00 dollars, of which you both agreed upon. There was no differential compensation given for the management position, but the pay was reduced further when I resigned as Chief Pilot.

2. I want to thank you for showing us how management by intimidation works in employee turnover, employee lack of trust in management and the inability of subordinate management to effectively not be able to do their jobs.

3. I want to thank you for having me drive over 10,000 miles, half the time in the middle of the night, to make sure that operations kept on running effectively and in the end of our relationship, ultimately accounted for nothing.

4. I want to thank you for terminating relationships with employees that put out their best for you, in your best interest, kept Federal Agencies and major customers from shutting down the Company and then seeing you belittle those individuals in front of co-workers showing no appreciation whatsoever for their efforts.

5. I want to thank you for appointment as Chief Pilot and at the same time giving me the illusion that things would change for the better and then taking away all duties and responsibilities of the position, as outlined in the Company Manuals, so as to control that position by your direct authority only.

6. I want to thank you for treating office personnel as though they were a minor class citizen, belittling them in front of co-workers and ignoring the endless hours and constant change that you implement, without notice, making their efforts a thankless position.

7. I want to thank you for having the turnover that AvBase has had, along with the extreme substantial amount of unaccountable training costs. Ultimately the blame was placed on those individuals that have left the Company instead of taking a look at who made the decisions that effected the turnover/costs, in the first place.

8. I want to thank you for never addressing, as promised, crew schedules, benefits, pay reductions and making crew flight assignments on days scheduled off without their consent. I vividly recall your statement last fall that stated, "the crews that fly on the dedicated aircraft WILL NOT be flown on their days OFF, since they are overnight seven days in a row." That statement was revised in April to say, "the crewmembers will be available to fly on their days off. If they do not like that, they never should have gotten into aviation." How would you think the thought process would be of the crewmembers when it comes to turnover and Company loyalty? What was I supposed to tell them in response to an issue as such?

9. I want to thank you for making the promises to keep me with AvBase as long as you did, such as larger aircraft, expansion, legal assistance that was promised for over a year and the initial pay that was part of the enticement to stay with you.

10. I want to thank you for showing me how quickly one can turn their support for an employee, in spite of the efforts and time that they have put in their job, the revenue that they have generated for the Company, and then see the ruin of their career and position with AvBase, with no regard what so ever for them or their family, regardless their past performance.

11. I want to thank you for rnonitoring all of the transmissions that employees have made on Company pagers and then use that monitoring to belittle selected individuals as having "dual lives" and that it was inappropriate for them to carry on as such and at the same time you have your "private stock" on the side. Ultimately, you stated that you did not want to be "big brother" in your actions in monitoring the transmissions, but as of this date, transmissions are still monitored as to their content and intentions and brought to the attention of the individual(s) if they do not meet management?s criteria for usage.

12. I want to thank you for putting AvBase above the rules of Federal agencies in asking me to falsify documents, stating that you would "hang it" on select individuals, ask for their resignation and the problem would go away. You not only asked me once, but twice and stated that I was "playing games", had no concern for the AvBase family and was only concerned in being the "good guy" and my own interests. I stand behind the decision that the safety of the passengers, the crews, the standards of AvBase's vendors and work ethics as a professional, will be above any falsifying of any documentation, as required. I have never compromised myself before and. I will not start now.

13. I want to thank you for telling co-workers that my personal injury on the job was to secure vacation time with the family, not claim it on worker?s compensation and that I needed to work light duty in the office to appease the situation. I am not sure what vacation you were talking about, though. I did, however, prematurely, against medical order?s, return to work to assist in keeping the schedule operating as necessary. As of this date, the injury has not healed.

14. I want to thank you for showing us how to make AvBase?s interests more important than our largest Vendor?s interest. The statements that they will never "catch" AvBase doing what we need to do, because they are not smart enough, jeopardizes each and every employee at AvBase. Without the revenue of that Vendor, the AvBase story ends. I am not sure what the thought process is, but it is self-evident in the utilization of our largest aircraft over the past 5 months in comparison to the other dedicated aircraft. The aircraft has become unreliable, based on statements made by that vendor.

15. I want to thank you for showing the employee staff that one can be terminated due to lack of pilot skills, lack of necessary professional and customer skills, have legal action directed at their actions of threat against the Company, both verbal and physical and when it becomes necessary to "move" aircraft, re-hire them for duty. One can only begin to imagine the thought process of the employees and the value of their efforts in sustaining the Company. Your employees are so confused and frustrated with this decision. Rightfully, I cannot blame them. When asked about it, I honestly did not have an answer.

This was from James Stoneking and on public file. I have nothing else to add.

Chief Pilot

D'Oh!! I see they are advertising on 350.com with immediate opening for Chief Pilot. Things cannot be any good there.

Latest resources

Back