Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair thriving in this economic downturn...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to re-iterate what Geronimo said:

The company took more airplanes, and didn't hire anyone new during this time period, so the ratio has dropped, not the total number. (Oh, I guess since BTDI quit, the total# really has dropped)

Still can't figure why I'm online during vacation, except to say:
Summer hasn't arrived yet in Maine! Unbelievable streak of cool weather, had the heat on out at the lake house today!:(

Careful what you wish for! It was 82 and humid here in the Saratoga area today. I was sweating, for sure! :bawling: Weather Channel says El Nino is setting up at we speak. El Nino winter, everyone!

Still can't figure why I'm online during vacation, except to say:
Summer hasn't arrived yet in Maine! Unbelievable streak of cool weather, had the heat on out at the lake house today!
:(

I know how you feel! I'm in Vermont and we actually lit the fireplace today!

Meteorology

F.I. is getting a little boring so I will try to stir up some ....

Careful what you wish for! It was 82 and humid here in the Saratoga area today. I was sweating, for sure! :bawling: Weather Channel says El Nino is setting up at we speak. El Nino winter, everyone!

Forget Weather Channel, what do your in house FAA meterologists say???

Jst stirring it up guys -- no flames.

Fly safe.

AFT: Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote, but the change in the pilots/plane ratio is a win/win for everybody.

ME: When the pilot/plane ratio is decreased by management by 9.5%....the pilots will end up having to fly more hours on the same pay. That is ultimately a 9.5% decrease in the number of pilots Avantair wants in relation to the number of aircraft it wants. If you all are OK with that, then let's call it "good."

Kyle, you spitting in the face of every Pilot at Avantair serves no purpose but to inflate you own ego. We are an organization of Professional Pilots that fight everyday to improve the quality of life for all of us, not just one selfish person like youself. And, heres a new flash, that improvement is not gonna happen overnight. Its a slow grind thats gonna take years. Im sure we can ask our fellow Professional Pilots at NETJETS who can attest to that. Your measly 1 year stint at our beloved company hardly makes you the expert you make yourself out to be. JUST GO AWAY and quit insulting those who have chosen to remain here and make things better. You made you choice, congrats, we have made ours, we choose to stick together and make this a company we will all be proud to retire from.

ME: When the pilot/plane ratio is decreased by management by 9.5%....the pilots will end up having to fly more hours on the same pay. That is ultimately a 9.5% decrease in the number of pilots Avantair wants in relation to the number of aircraft it wants. If you all are OK with that, then let's call it "good."
Actually, we Avantair pilots are happy to work hard. We're not at home, so why not? The company becomes more profitable due to greater productivity, and we can afford to acquire more aircraft and hire more pilots. With the company more profitable, I have even more job security. I'm looking forward to an upgrade even quicker now. By the way, my seniority went up because you left, so that my quality of life should get better that much quicker. Thanks! Hey, I meant to ask. How is the bartending? Are latenights serving drunks keeping you happy and fulfilled?

Wacoflyr

Latest resources

Back