Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair thriving in this economic downturn...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting forum technique BeenThereSpunIt. Let me give it a try...

Kyle: Avantair is way dangerous and the pilots are mean. Yeah, I'd still be there if they let me upgrade, but they didn't so now I'm mad.

Me: I don't think that's fair and can't understand why you care so much about a previous employer.

Dr. Spock: That's illogical.

Me: You're right.

Kyle: Well...I'm still gonna stomp my feet!

Arnold: Whatch you talkin about Kyle?

Colonel Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall. We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post.

Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!

Senator Franken: I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and Doggone it, people like me.

Kyle: But I'm still really mad...

Me: Tard.

Last edited:
I am very happy to hear you are doing well! C425 was in my CRJ class at Comair, and I know he is happy as a clam at Avantair. There are a few other of my fellow regional refugees with you as well. Keep up the great work!:beer:

Thanks for the shout out, Doh! Despite someone's best efforts, I enjoy it here - always have. Hope all is well with you.

Hasta!

Interesting forum technique BeenThereSpunIt. Let me give it a try...

Kyle: Avantair is way dangerous and the pilots are mean. Yeah, I'd still be there if they let me upgrade, but they didn't so now I'm mad.

Me: I don't think that's fair and can't understand why you care so much about a previous employer.

Dr. Spock: That's illogical.

Me: You're right.

Kyle: Well...I'm still gonna stomp my feet!

Arnold: Whatch you talkin about Kyle?

Colonel Jessep: You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall. We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post.

Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!

Senator Franken: I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and Doggone it, people like me.

Kyle: But I'm still really mad...

Me: Tard.

.12​

Dude!! Get a hobby. That was some funny $heet though!!

AFT: Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote, but the change in the pilots/plane ratio is a win/win for everybody.

ME: When the pilot/plane ratio is decreased by management by 9.5%....the pilots will end up having to fly more hours on the same pay. That is ultimately a 9.5% decrease in the number of pilots Avantair wants in relation to the number of aircraft it wants. If you all are OK with that, then let's call it "good."

not really unless you work overtime which you are paid extra for. If anything the more airplanes we get the less you will fly for the same pay. As the repos drop due to better utilzation.

No offense AFT but I think you sweat no matter what. lol

not really unless you work overtime which you are paid extra for. If anything the more airplanes we get the less you will fly for the same pay. As the repos drop due to better utilzation.

No offense AFT but I think you sweat no matter what. lol

I'm a lifetime member of S.A. (Sweaters Anonymous) and proud of it biatch!

as i've said before, i usually don't comment on other fracs where i don't work cause it's mostly conjecture and rumor. the fact that avantair is (i believe) the only publicly traded frac though provides info that isn't rumor - just facts.

according to airlinepilotcentral a 5 year captain makes 72 grand. the scale tops out at 12 years at 103. they list only the 7&7 schedule.
FO pay tops out at 43 followed by cola after year 5.

a quick check of forbes offers the following:

Steve Santo 668,623.00 total compensation
http://people.forbes.com:80/profile/steven-santo/8922

Richard Pytak 146,616.00
http://people.forbes.com:80/profile/richard-pytak/8917

Kevin McKamey 191,113.00
http://people.forbes.com:80/profile/kevin-v-mckamey/8919

Kevin Beitzel 250,407.00
http://people.forbes.com/profile/kevin-beitzel/8923

those folks sure do get quite a good deal, particularly with their bonus and stock options. maybe my view is jaded but much like pro sports i think in an airline the 'stars' are the pilots who actually move the iron and provide the product. after all we're the ones that have a special skill set and our careers are only one injury away from being over. everyone else is just overhead. it's why players get paid more than the coaches. heck if you add up all the bonus money and divide it by the number of pilots, it's dang near 1500 bucks each.

look, i'm not slamming avantair. any job is a good job right now. it's just in terrible economic times, your management team is taking bonuses and stock options - good for them. i wonder if they will reward pilots when the economy recovers. who knows? i just found the numbers interesting.

Last edited:
Hmm....

Steelersrule, Would you speculate that those top managers have contracts with Avantair? Take the COO Kevin Beitzel for example, he made $50,000 in bonuses last year. He must be an impressive manager who REALLY cares about the welfare of his company. Avantair obviously thinks highly of him.

Latest resources

Back