• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair reports Financial Reseults

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stock is down to $1.30 from $5 or $6 a share not too long ago.

When the economy turns and frac flying with it ... I wonder if the stock will return to previous levels. I mean within 2 years from now. Could be an amazing return.

Any of you guys buying shares?

I bought 900 shares @ $.85/share. As of last Friday I'm up over 50%.

I'll stick by my previous post. I hope we all do well.

Today, Avantair stock gained 15.38% while the DJI lost 297.81 points?

Not bad!

Things indeed do look good for Avantair.

Last edited:
This came out yesterday on the AINalert email. Below it is the link to the actual article on their internet site.

Avantair Revenues Up Significantly

By Chad Trautvetter AINalerts >> February 2009
Fractional

Clearwater, Fla.-based fractional provider Avantair saw its year-over-year revenues climb nearly 24 percent to $35.4 million in its second fiscal quarter, which ended December 31. It also narrowed its quarterly loss to $600,000, down 87 percent from the same period a year earlier. “We are pleased to report an excellent second quarter with record high revenues of $35.4 million, a significant decrease in our loss from operations and our first quarter of positive EBITDA of $690,360,” Avantair CEO Steven Santo said. “These results demonstrate the leverage in our business model, and were driven by the consistent growth in our sales pipeline, recent fleet utilization improvements and a disciplined focus on reducing costs.” The company also reported a 96-percent jump in charter card sales, despite the bite that the recession has had on other charter and fractional providers. Santo said this feat “is a testament to our continued ability to attract those customers focused on affordability, comfort and safety,” adding that “the majority of cards sold were to customers choosing Avantair over more expensive, competing fractional programs.”

http://www.ainonline.com/ain-and-ainalerts/ainalerts/single-publication-story/article/avantair-revenues-up-significantly/?no_cache=1

Other recent Headlines in AIN:
Eclipse Board Furloughs Employees Pending Financing
JetDirect Aviation Signs Sale Agreement
Hawker Beechcraft Posts $139M Loss for 2008
Aviation job assistance firm AIR Inc. shut down last Friday
P&WC To Lay Off 1,000 Workers
Piper Aircraft today laid off another 300 workers,
Very light jet air-taxi start-up Bikkair shut down last week
Hawker Beechcraft Plans To Lay Off 2,300 More
Cessna Deliveries to Drop 20 Percent This Year
UBS: Bizjet Flight Activity Decline Continues
ARG/US: Flight Activity Down More than 20 Percent
Piper Confirms Layoffs, Still Seeks Incentive Money
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Embraer E-Jet Production To Drop by 15- to 20 percent
Boeing Commercial To Lay Off 4,500
More Layoffs Pending at Cessna, Hawker Beechcraft
Citing Recession, Flight Options Furloughs More Pilots
CitationShares Adjusting Deliveries, Staffing

In an economy where so much of the industry is seeing revenues trending down, there is this one fractional company that has significantly changed its direction. Costs are going down, sales are headed up... While it looks like it is doing well now, I would think that when the market comes around, this company, is poised to do very well.
[/FONT]

Latest resources

Back