Avantair pay cut vacay elimination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4, quite flying and become a comedian!

Wow! So if there were less pilots the pay would go up? Then more people would wanna be pilots, and then the pay would go down?

Clearly your expertise is wasted on the line. You should be in management.

I hope you senior to me, because next contract you'll be giving up that number cowboy.

The unions drove pay for airline pilots, especially senior ones, higher than the market would normally pay. This created a higher number of people willing to invest the time and money and dedication required to become a commercial pilot. This oversupply of pilots would work for peanuts to get in line to get one of those high paid jobs in the future, and the Regionals are where most of them reside. If the entire airline pilot world lost the unions, top pay would decline, creating fewer people willing to become pilots, raising the pay necessary for the Regionals to attract pilots because there would be no more oversupply, and because young pilots would not be as willing to work for peanuts because the prize at the top is less. Just simple supply and demand. Unions have good intentions, but the results often, not always, end up helping the most senior at the expense of the junior, and tend to expand the labor force while decreasing the jobs available. And I say all this as one of the senior guys who benefits from the contract at NJA. I am enjoying the money, but I am not worth this much, in my opinion.

This theory is mostly correct.

We are not worth more just because we are senior. A contract is negotiated as a package for the whole cost of labor though.... So what is the average cost? The company benefits from this when the pilot force was mostly junior .... when senior the pilots benefit...

G4 you sir and people like you are not worth the time wasted reading your post.......donate your pay check to the company....mabye they will reward you with a cookie or a G4 model to put in your desk......what an idiot.

And I say all this as one of the senior guys who benefits from the contract at NJA. I am enjoying the money, but I am not worth this much, in my opinion.

Your Toolness, has never been so eloquently expressed.

Your denseness, will NEVER comprehend how utterly ridiculous this statement is, unless you are a horrible pilot.

Which is not out of the question.

You are hereby named. TOOLBOY.

What say you Toolboy?

Last edited:
he is a management stooge assigned the job of posting here every so often when it's getting close to contract time:p.. and he recently was tasked with the assignment over at AA... What was the name of that labor law firm again? Something Something Harrison??

Last edited:
Your Toolness, has never been so eloquently expressed.

Your denseness, will NEVER comprehend how utterly ridiculous this statement is, unless you are a horrible pilot.

Which is not out of the question.

You are hereby named. TOOLBOY.

What say you Toolboy?

What specifically did I say that was ridiculous? I like my pay, but I would fly for less, and am aware of what effect union driven wages have on the marketplace. And how the seniority system deprives us, in many cases, from being able to change jobs if our current job doesn't suit us. Managers can change companies, why not us?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back