• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair pay cut vacay elimination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really must stop drinking and posting. I said I PREFER "at will" employment. I was forced to join the union because I wanted to stay at NetJets, and I am still happy here, but I wish it was like before, an "at will" relationship. NJI was run better, was more profitable, more flexible in rearranging schedules, and more personal in how the company related to the employees.

That’s quite a statement. Lets see the financials. Back that statement up with something more than “I think it was”.

Always be wary when a company offers sock and a future vesting period when they are in a bad fianancial crisi. Its usually bad news amd they are just trying to stop attrition. How avantair still functions daily is beyond me. Their training should go thru the roof. They should have at least 1-3 daily resignations.
Its pathetic what they are doing to u.

Aviation is the last thing I would buy stocks in! Avantair has always had a training contract for a reason...

so the boss takes a 13% cut....which is nothing to a $525,000 yr salary. but makes a 8 yr PIC take 20% cut from 98,000? idiots

Sounds like you need a union over there.

+1

the problem is most of the guys there will probably never admit that.

+1

the problem is most of the guys there will probably never admit that.

Do y'all really want to unionize a company in financial difficulties? How will that improve the company's health? How will that help the company provide more jobs?

Do y'all really want to unionize a company in financial difficulties? How will that improve the company's health? How will that help the company provide more jobs?

It'll send a good message to all the other criminal ceo's to stop ripping off the employees.

Someone is stealing a lotta money from that place.

Oh, but how can they be in trouble, management is in charge, and with no union. But thankfully the CEO took a "painfull" pay cut!

I want to unionize EVERY pilot... period. If it were up to me, we'd have a professional guild and nobody would be able to work without a card... we'd get rid of ALPA, and all the other separate union groups and all fall under one group. Then we'd have true power to set wages, work conditions and safety policies across the board evenly and take the labor portion out of the competitive equation. Much like the trade unions of days gone by.

Unions have on many occasions saved their air carrier from idiotic management.. After all, we usually have a lot more vested in our employment than the revolving door CEO's..

And not having a union, you’re holly grail has done wonders.

Latest resources

Back