• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You only have to suck it up for the first year or two according to hazmat which I take to mean you will upgrade your third year.

Maybe...... in this enviroment i think sitting right seat makeing 44K on three year pay in a turbo- prop isnt all that bad. People know the pay when they come here and if it works for you great if not there are other options.

You can't compare the pay based on time in business true, but you can compare it based on the stated minimum qualifications for the job(2500tt, etc., same as the rest of the fracs). Based on the pay and the fact that "it has only been in business a short time" and it is "only a turboprop"(not my words), the mins should be around 500-1000 hours.
the problem with that is that now you have people that would have to possibly spend 4yrs to meet the company capt. mins. if they were hired at 500hr So if they can get people at 2500 why wouldnt you.

You seem hung up on the published mins.

The reality is that there are so few pilot jobs out there, so few companies hiring, and so many pilots looking for work that it really doesn't matter what the mins are. That is why I tongue in cheek said you needed 5 shuttle missions and a landing in the Hudson.

The reality is that there are right now thousands of guys trying to get into a class of 4 at Avantair. If Avantair wanted to they could demand a 757 type with PIC time, time in the SR-71 or F-22 and a letter from a Congressmen who has personally flown with the applicant. With all of those requirements Avantair would still fill the class.

And the pay is 35K. The pay was only 30K when I came and I blew my entire first year pay on legal expenses (long story) and I am still very happy I came here instead of anywhere else.

I may drive over to see the next new hire class just so I can shake the hands of the best pilots in the world. Point is, relax on the whole 2500 TT posted min. It doesnt' really matter does it?

Are you really serious about this? The best pilot's in the world? So, when the industry turns and everyone shuffles around to new jobs and Avantair is forced to hire people with much lower times and far less experience than you described above, you won't be willing to go shake their hands? Please......best pilot's in the world. If experience was the sole determining factor on labeling someone with the above mentioned title then how would you label the two ATP guys who had 50k hours between them and buried a 182 into the side of a mountain last year? With the above logic these guys would earn the title "Best Pilots in the World." I guess they could have it etched on their gravestone right above the accident report.

Settle down out there.

I came up with the title "best pilots in the world" as simple way to emphasize the accomplishment of 4 guys to get hired out of thousands of applicants. (All with internal recs).

Re-freaking-lax. I'm sure the two guys who augured in a Cessna last year were great pilots. (they really should put those mountains near VGT on a chart or something), Sully is God and you're still a smart elephant. I was just trying to point out how competitive it is out there and making the point by saying whoever shows up for class must be Chuck Yeager's kid. It was obvious to everyone with an IQ over 60, but I'm happy to explain it to you. Let me know if anything else confuses you and I'll be happy to explain it.

Doh, hangarrat beat me. Curse those fast fingers!

Latest resources

Back