Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
book

This is repeating what many others have posted:

Best thing for any pilot during a rodeo is to read "Confessions of a Union Buster" by Levitt. Available (rarely) in used bookstores & online.

"...There are those who balk at the fight. They place their confidence in management instead of their fellow workers.

Management feeds on this weakness by handing out PROMISES like candy and quickly reneging if the workers lose the election.

But Management MUST be held Accountable.

As Teamsters we fight for what's right for working families."

-- Jimmy Hoffa --

This was my favorite message from the General President when we were Teamsters....

I believe the Avantair pilots are smarter than this. I have been very happy with the service and love the airplane. I lived thru the NetJets Union drive and it was terrible. They lost a lot of business as a result. I am not sure Avantair could live thru something like that. I really hope as an owner this doesn't happen at Avantair. Anyone who quotes Jimmy Hoffa really needs to look at the Teamsters history. By the way management is not the enemy that is a sad sentiment to have. Believe it or not, good, caring management does exist. Avantair has such management. This is a new, growing company and something like this, at this time, can destroy it. I hope the pilots at Avantair think carefully about this.

I believe the Avantair pilots are smarter than this. I have been very happy with the service and love the airplane. I lived thru the NetJets Union drive and it was terrible. They lost a lot of business as a result. I am not sure Avantair could live thru something like that. I really hope as an owner this doesn't happen at Avantair. Anyone who quotes Jimmy Hoffa really needs to look at the Teamsters history.
By the way management is not the enemy that is a sad sentiment to have.
Believe it or not, good, caring management does exist. Avantair has such management. This is a new, growing company and something like this, at this time, can destroy it. I hope the pilots at Avantair think carefully about this.

You must be friends with the CFO, (He is on here), the only reason a union is voted on at a company is bad management. Your funny.

I believe the Avantair pilots are smarter than this. I have been very happy with the service and love the airplane. I lived thru the NetJets Union drive and it was terrible. They lost a lot of business as a result. I am not sure Avantair could live thru something like that. I really hope as an owner this doesn't happen at Avantair. Anyone who quotes Jimmy Hoffa really needs to look at the Teamsters history. By the way management is not the enemy that is a sad sentiment to have. Believe it or not, good, caring management does exist. Avantair has such management. This is a new, growing company and something like this, at this time, can destroy it. I hope the pilots at Avantair think carefully about this.

As an owner are you that cheap that you want your family flying on a broken airplane with a tired pilot just you can shave a $1000 off the price? You shop for the cheapest Doctor as well?

A company gets the union they deserve. This place makes the pilots work more days and adds in a pay cut on top of that.....then management gives themselves a raise.

Its sad that pilots need a union at all, but until management gets it together that is the only option available.

Safety is expensive

I have a lot of respect for what you guys do. I can't fly an airplane. I am telling you though the expense of a union organizing effort can ruin a new, growing company. If it's about pay or something else they should try to work with management. They are just to young to survive something like this. Just my opinion, but it is based on a whole lot of business experience. Stay away from the rhetoric and focus on what the issues are just a little advice from someone with a semi full head of grey hair.

Latest resources

Back