• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair- from another source

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Vowing to keep tabs on the country's largest companies, the AFL-CIO today launched PayWatch.com, a website meant to track executive pay at the country's largest companies and monitor Wall Street lobbying.

According to the site, CEOs at the 292 S&P 500 companies for which there are data available were paid $9.25 million on average last year (including salary, bonus, stock, options and benefits), down 9 percent overall from the year prior."

I was being sarcastic :rolleyes: $1MM is the average CEO pay for a S&P 500 position, you know a company worth a few Billion and multiple thousands of employees. A company that MAKES money and has a stock which trades on the nasdaq or nyse,,,,,,,,oh nevermind, you'll never figure it out.

AAIR is still listed on NASDAC, isn't it?

It would be difficult to find the CEO's salary for a company that's not publicly traded, even a relative upstart.

I realize that CEO pay is always a big union rally cry. The reality is as an employee you want the best one and there are few who can do the job. I believe the Avantair CEO has the talent to run a multi billion dollar company. Many larger Companies have taken a run at him and he has turned them down. Keep in mind that at start ups like Avantair much of the CEO compensation is in stock and options. In new, fast growing companies the stock value can increase quickly and as a result the CEO compensation looks much higher than it truly is. The stock is only valuable when you sell it. A CEO has an extremely limited window in which to sell and generally they hold on to it until they leave the Company one way or another. I have sat on many public boards and you guys at Avantair are very lucky to have the CEO you have. Let me put it this way, has anyone been laid off? Thats how you can tell if the CEO has the right growth strategy.

"Vowing to keep tabs on the country's largest companies, the AFL-CIO today launched PayWatch.com, a website meant to track executive pay at the country's largest companies and monitor Wall Street lobbying.

According to the site, CEOs at the 292 S&P 500 companies for which there are data available were paid $9.25 million on average last year (including salary, bonus, stock, options and benefits), down 9 percent overall from the year prior."

Agreed-I only included the salary, not annual cash and stock bonuses, monthly living expenses, car allowance, retirement plan, etc.

I realize that CEO pay is always a big union rally cry. The reality is as an employee you want the best one and there are few who can do the job. I believe the Avantair CEO has the talent to run a multi billion dollar company. Many larger Companies have taken a run at him and he has turned them down. Keep in mind that at start ups like Avantair much of the CEO compensation is in stock and options. In new, fast growing companies the stock value can increase quickly and as a result the CEO compensation looks much higher than it truly is. The stock is only valuable when you sell it. A CEO has an extremely limited window in which to sell and generally they hold on to it until they leave the Company one way or another. I have sat on many public boards and you guys at Avantair are very lucky to have the CEO you have. Let me put it this way, has anyone been laid off? Thats how you can tell if the CEO has the right growth strategy.

So you're willing to pay for the talent of a CEO, but not willing to pay for the best talent in the pilots that are flying you around?

So you're willing to pay for the talent of a CEO, but not willing to pay for the best talent in the pilots that are flying you around?

Are you getting a salary...or are you working for free? Are higher paid pilots, better pilots?

We all want more money, but wanting isn't getting and there are thousands of pilots who would love to make whatever you are making.

BTW, if the board could find a better CEO for less money, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Are you getting a salary...or are you working for free? Are higher paid pilots, better pilots?

We all want more money, but wanting isn't getting and there are thousands of pilots who would love to make whatever you are making.

BTW, if the board could find a better CEO for less money, they would do it in a heartbeat.

I'm furloughed. Fact remains though, the more a position pays, the higher the competition for it, and the better selection hiring personnell will have in choosing the best.

Latest resources

Back