• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Experiencing Unrivaled Growth - Press Release

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps the customers care. Does that matter to you? I think people know the difference between prop engines and jet engines.

Customers only care because they have been spoonfed a myth that jet aircraft are safer/faster/more comfortable/better than turboprop plane.

If they knew the advantages turboprops have over turbofan aircraft, they A. wouldnt care what pushes it, or B. would prefer a turboprop on shorter segments

Unfortunately most of what customers hear is the advantages of turbofan over turboprop instead of the other way around.

Customers only care because they have been spoonfed a myth that jet aircraft are safer/faster/more comfortable/better than turboprop plane.

If they knew the advantages turboprops have over turbofan aircraft, they A. wouldnt care what pushes it, or B. would prefer a turboprop on shorter segments

Unfortunately most of what customers hear is the advantages of turbofan over turboprop instead of the other way around.

Unfortunately, many turboprop customers have been told that the speeds are the same and all other flight characteristics are the same such as climb performance, altitude capabilities, speeds at altitudes, ability to go above weather, etc when in fact, the turboprop has some significant limitations when compared to a decent jet.

Unfortunately, many turboprop customers have been told that the speeds are the same and all other flight characteristics are the same such as climb performance, altitude capabilities, speeds at altitudes, ability to go above weather, etc when in fact, the turboprop has some significant limitations when compared to a decent jet.

In general, I enjoy your posts. Love the avatar. However, the P180 goes to 410, which seems high to me. That does get us above most weather. I don't think anybody on these boards has claimed more than about 380 true for a realistic cruise. Of course it is slower than a pure jet. But the fuel flows are usually around 600-700 pounds an hour up there, and the cabin simply is bigger than anything in the light jet class. Yes, we are a bit of a speed bump, but we compete in the same market as light jets, so the Piaggio gets compared with them.

Yes, we are a bit of a speed bump, but we compete in the same market as light jets, so the Piaggio gets compared with them.
I think it competes in both markets ... people looking at light jets and people looking at other turbo-props.

BTW ... if I remember correctly the Pro-Pilot salary surveys always listed the Citation X in large cabin category while listing the Falcon 2000 in mid-size.

????:laugh:

Just did PBI-BED today in 3+30 with the majority of the flight at FL390. Fuel burn was 2200lbs. Not too bad for a screw job.

Looking at flightaware there was a Citation 560 that did it in 3+10. Not too big a difference and I am sure our passengers enjoyed the cabin a lot more.

Just did PBI-BED today in 3+30 with the majority of the flight at FL390. Fuel burn was 2200lbs. Not too bad for a screw job.

Looking at flightaware there was a Citation 560 that did it in 3+10. Not too big a difference and I am sure our passengers enjoyed the cabin a lot more.

Quebec City to St Pete today 3:53.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VNR150

Fuel Burn 2270 lbs.

Latest resources

Back