Avantair Experiencing Unrivaled Growth - Press Release

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They burn jet fuel...

My buddy in the military said when he was in training they referred to the T-6's as "jets" as in "Where are we gonna take a jet this weekend?".

Who cares?

Perhaps the customers care. Does that matter to you? I think people know the difference between prop engines and jet engines.

Personally, I am happy to see Avantair do well - it doesn't surprise me at all in this economy. It's a great performing aircraft and a compelling price point vs. those of comparable "jet" aircraft.

Sympathies...but I wouldn't be so cavalier as to throw the P into the jet category--nobody I know of either.

"Ultra-fantastic turboprop" is a fair classificatory bag.

Been There Distorted that you should read the press release. Hard to dispute the sales numbers. But whatever floats your boat.

In terms of Light jets I think the financial community has placed it there because in terms of its competition it sells against the CJ's and Beechjets etc. Thats all.

Been There Distorted that you should read the press release. Hard to dispute the sales numbers. But whatever floats your boat.

In terms of Light jets I think the financial community has placed it there because in terms of its competition it sells against the CJ's and Beechjets etc. Thats all.

Get some glasses. No one here has disputed your sales numbers. The OP simply asked you if you are truly in the "light jet" class. None of you will answer the question. I simply asked if the press release is true since you claim to have unrivaled growth (53 planes in 8 years). You won't answer that question either. Again, no one is disputing your sales.

G-D, really want to beat those semantics to death, don't you?

No, the Avanti is not a light jet.

Yes, I'd put it in the light jet class due to its cabin and performance.

That's what Avantair was talking about in the press release:
press release said:
industry leader for fractional aircraft ownership and flight hour time cards in the light jet cabin category

Avantair has secured a market share of more than 29 percent of the fractional light jet cabin market

With this focus, we are well positioned to defend our leadership position in the fractional light jet market and continue to make market share gains."

Yeah, I'd say adding 52 airplanes from now through the end of 2013, as well as their performance and growth the last two tumultuous years amounts to "unrivaled growth" in the fractional industry...especially when looking at percentage growth.

Let it go man...let it go...

Last edited:
A dishonest assessment. The gulf in performance between the Avanti and the top-performing light jets is damningly acute.

Hmm. While a true statement, we do stack up well with the slower citations and beechjets, which, you will admit, are light jets. The avanti is actually faster than some of the early citations. If the avanti is faster than some light jets, then its performance can be compared with them, no?

I don't think its dishonest at all to put it in the fractional light jet category.

The Avanti has a cabin that is longer, wider, and taller than any light jet currently in fractional use; its cabin is actually taller and wider than all Citations including the Excel, Sovereign, and X.

The Avanti's cruise speed is faster than the Citation Bravo that CitationAir still uses, and the CJ1 Flight Options used to operate. Over a 600nm segment, Business & Commercial Aviation's Purchase Planning Handbook says the Avanti II arrives just 10 minutes later than a CJ3, but burns 27% less fuel. Or 13 minutes behind an Encore+, having burned 36% less fuel.

While I agree that there's a substantial delta between the Avanti II and "the top-performing light jets", when you look at the total picture I believe it quite accurate to put it in the Light Jet category...especially when comparing it to other fractional airframes.

Latest resources

Back