• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Experiencing Unrivaled Growth - Press Release

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think its dishonest at all to put it in the fractional light jet category.

The Avanti has a cabin that is longer, wider, and taller than any light jet currently in fractional use; its cabin is actually taller and wider than all Citations including the Excel, Sovereign, and X.

The Avanti's cruise speed is faster than the Citation Bravo that CitationAir still uses, and the CJ1 Flight Options used to operate. Over a 600nm segment, Business & Commercial Aviation's Purchase Planning Handbook says the Avanti II arrives just 10 minutes later than a CJ3, but burns 27% less fuel. Or 13 minutes behind an Encore+, having burned 36% less fuel.

While I agree that there's a substantial delta between the Avanti II and "the top-performing light jets", when you look at the total picture I believe it quite accurate to put it in the Light Jet category...especially when comparing it to other fractional airframes.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=penis envy

Come on man, it's about what you get paid not what you fly. You guys really have nothing to be ashamed of, except for that overly cheerful co-pilot :D

The Avanti has a cabin that is longer, wider, and taller than any light jet currently in fractional use; its cabin is actually taller and wider than all Citations including the Excel, Sovereign, and X.

Are you sure about the length thing or are you lying as you did when you met your wife? It's still 30 mins longer between pbi-teb versus a 40 or bj. 3 feet is a big deal, but then again, you wouldn't know.

Yup, I'm sure about the Avanti (cabin length 17.5') being longer than its light jet fractional competitors the CJ3 (15.7'), Beechjet (15.5'), and Encore (17.3').

The Lear 40XR (17.7') and 45XR (19.8') are have longer cabins which admittedly are in the "light jet class"...but to be honest I didn't consider them because their 21k+ lb MTOW puts them into midsize jet category.

My bad about omitting Flex's "super lights"...but then again most women want girth over length;)

I don't think its dishonest at all to put it in the fractional light jet category.

The Avanti's cruise speed is faster than the Citation Bravo that CitationAir still uses, and the CJ1 Flight Options used to operate. Over a 600nm segment, Business & Commercial Aviation's Purchase Planning Handbook says the Avanti II arrives just 10 minutes later than a CJ3, but burns 27% less fuel. Or 13 minutes behind an Encore+, having burned 36% less fuel.

While I agree that there's a substantial delta between the Avanti II and "the top-performing light jets", when you look at the total picture I believe it quite accurate to put it in the Light Jet category...especially when comparing it to other fractional airframes.

This is all semantics and marketing BS. When I see an Avanti on the ramp I don't automatically say, "wow, check out that jet!" It ain't a jet. We can all see the props. I don't see jet engines. It might be compared to aircraft in the "light jet category" but it ain't a jet. We can agree to disagree. Regardless, it looks like a great performer and a fun airplane to fly...

Latest resources

Back