Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice post you idiot! If they had any hope with the FAA you just screwed it. Way to help your brothers!

Just saying, "sir" , no need to post all the ugly details here and dime out the whole pilot group! Let the FAA do their job.

With all due respect and empathy for the pilot group at Avantair, if even a fraction of what has been alleged is true, the public has a right to know. Many will likely vote with their feet, and send a clear message that there is NO room in this industry for intentionally promoting illegal and unsafe behavior. I'm in utter shock that these practices could occur at a major fractional operator even if it is based in Florida. If true, The D.O., D.M., and CP need to lose their Certificates and possibly even serve jail time. Each and every pilot should take a hard look in the mirror and consider if they in any way contributed to or enabled this outrageous behavior. Again, IF true, it's not nearly okay, and your desire to hush or hide the transgressions is indicative of a severe systemic problem.

You might want to consider if the best way to help one's "brothers" isn't to shine a huge spotlight on these kind of abuses, and make damn sure "your brothers" don't get killed along with those who entrust their lives to them. It's a tough economy, but there are far worse things than losing a flying job.

Best of luck to all those involved. I sincerely hope hope the issues get resolved and the planes get back in the air quickly.

X.

Posts like those outlining the horrors and shoddy practices of any company always come out soon after bad news surfaces. Usually written by those with a huge chip on their shoulders after being terminated themselves for very valid reasons.

Until the Fed releases a specific announcement confirming such allegations, I'll give every Avantair employee the benefit of the doubt. Spreading this kind of unsubstantiated BS is nothing more than salt in the wounds for those confronted with furlough and possible permanent loss of their jobs.

Posts like those outlining the horrors and shoddy practices of any company always come out soon after bad news surfaces. Usually written by those with a huge chip on their shoulders after being terminated themselves for very valid reasons.

Until the Fed releases a specific announcement confirming such allegations, I'll give every Avantair employee the benefit of the doubt. Spreading this kind of unsubstantiated BS is nothing more than salt in the wounds for those confronted with furlough and possible permanent loss of their jobs.

What he said!

With all due respect and empathy for the pilot group at Avantair, if even a fraction of what has been alleged is true, the public has a right to know. Many will likely vote with their feet, and send a clear message that there is NO room in this industry for intentionally promoting illegal and unsafe behavior. I'm in utter shock that these practices could occur at a major fractional operator even if it is based in Florida. If true, The D.O., D.M., and CP need to lose their Certificates and possibly even serve jail time. Each and every pilot should take a hard look in the mirror and consider if they in any way contributed to or enabled this outrageous behavior. Again, IF true, it's not nearly okay, and your desire to hush or hide the transgressions is indicative of a severe systemic problem.

I believe I said earlier the CEO, whatever his name might be, should be arrested.

my understanding is that this genius had his f/o film a video of his engine-out emergency landing. The f/o was not beyond his control; the f/o was directed to film the event. By "capt. Jd". Want some fodder for the feds? There ya go...

As far as the passengers go, they wouldn't have even given the event a thought if it weren't for "capt. Jd" walking around the fbo, showing off the video to the crowd... in front of the passengers.

310rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

believe I said earlier the CEO, whatever his name might be, should be arrested.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know all the facts, but usually the CEO is the one who f5ucks up any company. I think, usually,VP ops and DO are in this too, but CP is a middle man, something between, no pilot and not enough management, so he should be out. Today's CEOs, and that is nation wide, are just bloodsuckers, worth of nothing, society parasites, good to bankrupt companies, good to be jailed, reason why our economy sucks, incompetent pieces of ******************** worthless people.

Fair enough. There is always someone out there with an axe to grind. I have absolutely no issue with anyone being skeptical about the credibility or at least motivation of some posters. That's why I said "If true" three times. However, some of the posts were first person accounts, and instead refuting the allegations or discrediting the poster, jetmaster727 basically said don't talk about it in public because pilots could lose their jobs. While I agree speculating is completely irresponsible, discussing true and factual instances of wrongdoing is fair game when you have firsthand knowledge. I'm not saying it's true. I hope it's not.

It's a very awkward situation...a 'furlough with a hopefully short duration'.

That puts the furloughed pilots in a difficult situation where we can't really say anything or defend the company. We all want all these posts to go away and bad press to stop as we are motivated by the desire for our company to come out of this intact. Engaging with former employees who do have their axes out and are grinding away only puts the thread right back and the top of the stack and therefore is counterproductive.

So we're in a situation where the ex-employees are coming out swinging and swinging hard while the furloughed employees are standing here with our hands tied behind our backs.

It's a very awkward situation...a 'furlough with a hopefully short duration'.

That puts the furloughed pilots in a difficult situation where we can't really say anything or defend the company. We all want all these posts to go away and bad press to stop as we are motivated by the desire for our company to come out of this intact. Engaging with former employees who do have their axes out and are grinding away only puts the thread right back and the top of the stack and therefore is counterproductive.

So we're in a situation where the ex-employees are coming out swinging and swinging hard while the furloughed employees are standing here with our hands tied behind our backs.

Valid point. I think I'm done posting here for a while. Even though I want to stick up for our Company, posting and keeping these threads at the top of the page doesn't help our situation.

Have at it, folks. I'm out...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back