• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a person who's witnessed lots of this kind of posting, (usually on the Regional's page) I second Baja's motion! I know its easy, and I suppose, amusing, to treat this 'anonymous' forum to say whatever we all want to say, but the best real use of this space is transferring real information.
My 4ish months at Avantair have been very enjoyable so far, you work hard, then go home. Great flying, good hotels, and I've enjoyed every crew pairing I've had. Hard to beat that! Also, not many places left to work that have a great gateway system.
Paycheck comes on time, and I'm keeping the 'Glass Half-full', not 'Half-empty', attitude that all the growth is soon to come.
Can't ask for much more than that, and anyone that wants some personal info, feel free to PM. Day 6 of 7.5 right now, so I might not get back to you til next tour. I don't even think of these pages on my week off!

mainiac said:
As a person who's witnessed lots of this kind of posting, (usually on the Regional's page) I second Baja's motion! I know its easy, and I suppose, amusing, to treat this 'anonymous' forum to say whatever we all want to say, but the best real use of this space is transferring real information.
My 4ish months at Avantair have been very enjoyable so far, you work hard, then go home. Great flying, good hotels, and I've enjoyed every crew pairing I've had. Hard to beat that! Also, not many places left to work that have a great gateway system.
Paycheck comes on time, and I'm keeping the 'Glass Half-full', not 'Half-empty', attitude that all the growth is soon to come.
Can't ask for much more than that, and anyone that wants some personal info, feel free to PM. Day 6 of 7.5 right now, so I might not get back to you til next tour. I don't even think of these pages on my week off!

Thanks Maniac for a refreshingly positive post. I found the previous "Mexican Soap Opera" between P180puke (she sounds like a joy to fly with) and Flybet to be rather tiring. I am sure there are a lot of people interested in Avantair and those people deserve straight shooting without the name calling......

Going2Baja said:
P180puke, Mr Pebbles, Flybet3 - the three of you make it very difficult for anyone trying to do some research on the topic of Avantair. Maybe start your own 'flame bashing' thread and stay over there. Flybet3 - you have had some very insightful replies - but all the flaming of each other makes for hard reading.

If there are any Denver based Avantair pilots that would PM me I would like to put you in touch w/ a friend of mine who lives nearby and is considering Avantair. They have offered an interview, but the training contract, pay to interview, no pay for training, and all the negative posts make this company look a little suspect. He has wide body international experience but would rather fly local for many family reasons.

Thanks to those that reply with good and honest info!!

Baja.

Hey bud, I can understand your friend's position. But tell him to give it a try, yeah he has to pay his way to the interview. But if he gets hired, which most likely he will, they will reimburse him, he does get perdiem during training. And the training contract, well what can I say. Flex has a 2 year, chataqua 2 year and there are a couple out there that do it as well. They all have their reasons as to why the are doing it. There was one guy in my class at avantair from Denver, retired Gemini guy, flew DC10s or something. He's liking avant. Home every other week, decent pay, OK bennies and well...you know the rest. Good luck

On Your Six said:
Thanks Maniac for a refreshingly positive post. I found the previous "Mexican Soap Opera" between P180puke (she sounds like a joy to fly with) and Flybet to be rather tiring. I am sure there are a lot of people interested in Avantair and those people deserve straight shooting without the name calling......

I apoligize to you all if I got a bit stupid on the previous posts. And your right, this is a place for info passing and not name calling. You gotta go to a bar for that. LOL. Anyway, I agree with maniac, so far, this is the first job where I have flown with different captains and just had alot of fun out there! I am enjoying it, I am also keeping the "half full glass" attitude, especially since I just got my new apartment. I really enjoy the type of flying we do, sure we work hard, but I tell you what...there's nothing better than working hard for 7 days and then going home for a week and not worry about the dammn phone ringing and hearing "hey, we just picked up a trip for tomorrow, it's a 4:30 am departure, and we will be back in 4 days" YUCK!!! wont do that again *knock on wood* I think this is a good place to work, and I wouldnt get worked up about "bad" rummors right now. Lets all just wait and see as to what happend at the MBAA in October. That's when avantair is suppose to share their fleet plans and what not with the rest of the aviation public. Good luck to all my fellow co-workers and I really do hope that avantair succeeds. I dont want to send anymore resumes! no way, no how...
PEACE

Mr. Pebbles said:
The MX people were fired so KM could install his flunkies in strategic positions. I'm sure the previous MX folks had an opinion on something. And that is a no-no.

A clear statement by Pebbles that proves to all of us insiders (and now on to the outsiders) that Pebbles hasn't a clue as to what is going on at Avantair. He never liked this person and is guessing using old knowledge before he quit six months ago. This individual has had nothing to do with MX for a long, long time. His interests have been directed elsewhere for a many months and these efforts are bearing great fruit for the company. MX at Avantair is excellent and the strategic cutbacks were painful but necessary. They also didn't include only MX.

To those of you that want to know the truth about Avantair, this is one of the neatest places that any aviation minded person could work. Those that speak poorly of the company are out of touch with the reality of what is happening and have been blacklisted by those of us that really do have a clue.

They spoke poorly when of the company when they worked here, thus we have chosen not to interact with them any longer. As a result, they don't get the true picture of what is happening and are forced to guess at what is happening. They lash out only because they don’t know any other way to express themselves for their own failures.

Those of us here know what is happening, and I can assure you that it’s all good. If you are thinking about coming to work here, post away and we’ll answer your questions. Ignore those that don’t have a clue. Those that don't have a clue will identify themselves simply by their inappropriate posts.

B19 Flyer said:
A clear statement by Pebbles that proves to all of us insiders (and now on to the outsiders) that Pebbles hasn't a clue as to what is going on at Avantair. He never liked this person and is guessing using old knowledge before he quit six months ago. This individual has had nothing to do with MX for a long, long time. His interests have been directed elsewhere for a many months and these efforts are bearing great fruit for the company. MX at Avantair is excellent and the strategic cutbacks were painful but necessary. They also didn't include only MX.

To those of you that want to know the truth about Avantair, this is one of the neatest places that any aviation minded person could work. Those that speak poorly of the company are out of touch with the reality of what is happening and have been blacklisted by those of us that really do have a clue.

They spoke poorly when of the company when they worked here, thus we have chosen not to interact with them any longer. As a result, they don't get the true picture of what is happening and are forced to guess at what is happening. They lash out only because they don’t know any other way to express themselves for their own failures.

Those of us here know what is happening, and I can assure you that it’s all good. If you are thinking about coming to work here, post away and we’ll answer your questions. Ignore those that don’t have a clue. Those that don't have a clue will identify themselves simply by their inappropriate posts.

B19 Flyer, a few things:

1. I've never worked for your shabby operation, so therefore I couldn't have quit six months ago.

2. My posts on this forum are direct quotes from Avantair employees, outside contractors, many of which are on the " inside" to use your words. It would appear that some your employees are not as loyal as you may believe, as several of them ask me to post here in lieu of them getting fired, which would happen if their opinion differed from that of the company.

3. Painful and necessary cutbacks- I wonder if these cutbacks include cutting back on the amount of trips " high ranking AvAir execs" take in your silly turboprops, when airlining would be more economical, while owners are being lied to about the availability of aircraft.

4. You speak of being blacklisted by Avantair as if that would be a bad thing. From what I've heard, being blacklisted by the folks who run Avantair would be an honor, because that would mean the person being blacklisted probably is an honorable person with integrity- the type scumbags can't stand.

5. To those folks who wish to work for your operation, I wish them the best. But they should be warned, if they want to work for a company that is run by honest people, a company that cares about them, a company that knows success is a two- way street between company and employee, then they should move on.

B19 Flyer, many people know who you are. The folks I'm writing on behalf of want me to pass along that no matter how many people you may fool, you know the truth about many things that you lie about. One can only hope that one day your lies catch up to you. Good luck.

Mr. Pebbles said:
My posts on this forum are direct quotes from Avantair employees, outside contractors, many of which are on the " inside" to use your words.

First, you really don’t know who I am because if you did you wouldn’t have responded the way you did. Plus, if you really did you would realize that I really do know the truth.

You haven’t any clue about what is happening at Avantair, because ALL of us know that the individual you carelessly named hasn’t been involved in MX for a LONG, LONG time. As a matter of fact, if you REALLY knew the story behind the story, your posts would be written completely differently and your criticisms would be off in a whole different direction. They still wouldn’t be accurate, but they wouldn’t read as they do. Avantair is all good, and it’s an exciting place to work. Just because you and your supposed friends couldn’t and can't cut it to see the good stuff doesn’t mean that it isn’t a great company.

As I stated to the good people on this board, they can see the difference between those that care and those that don’t. You are vengeful because you were given the chance and failed miserably, and the company has flourished without you.

I haven’t posted since June, but your posts haven’t changed a bit. I believe that it’s time for you to go off and leave these people alone. Time for you to grow up. I see no point in any of your posts except to vent, rant and rave which is something you do well.

B19 Flyer said:
First, you really don’t know who I am because if you did you wouldn’t have responded the way you did. Plus, if you really did you would realize that I really do know the truth.

You haven’t any clue about what is happening at Avantair, because ALL of us know that the individual you carelessly named hasn’t been involved in MX for a LONG, LONG time. As a matter of fact, if you REALLY knew the story behind the story, your posts would be written completely differently and your criticisms would be off in a whole different direction. They still wouldn’t be accurate, but they wouldn’t read as they do. Avantair is all good, and it’s an exciting place to work. Just because you and your supposed friends couldn’t and can't cut it to see the good stuff doesn’t mean that it isn’t a great company.

As I stated to the good people on this board, they can see the difference between those that care and those that don’t. You are vengeful because you were given the chance and failed miserably, and the company has flourished without you.

I haven’t posted since June, but your posts haven’t changed a bit. I believe that it’s time for you to go off and leave these people alone. Time for you to grow up. I see no point in any of your posts except to vent, rant and rave which is something you do well.

Hey pal, I just write what I'm told to say. Interesting that your own employees are too afraid to even post here because of the possible repercussions should their identity be found out. That in itself speaks volumes. Except for the entertainment value, I dont give two ********************s about you or your company. By the way, knowing who you are as I do, it amazes me that you even bother to reply to any of this. If your company was as great as you say, people would know that without you constantly reiterating. But,for some reason you seem compelled to act like things are so hunky- dory even though you cant even answer simple questions to your own employees, like why there are three airplanes sitting in Greenville. But, I'm tired of you, you're boring, so go think up more lies. I'll be back when i feel the public needs more facts instead your falsehoods.

Mr. Pebbles said:
B19 Flyer, a few things:

1. I've never worked for your shabby operation, so therefore I couldn't have quit six months ago.

2. My posts on this forum are direct quotes from Avantair employees, outside contractors, many of which are on the " inside" to use your words. It would appear that some your employees are not as loyal as you may believe, as several of them ask me to post here in lieu of them getting fired, which would happen if their opinion differed from that of the company.

3. Painful and necessary cutbacks- I wonder if these cutbacks include cutting back on the amount of trips " high ranking AvAir execs" take in your silly turboprops, when airlining would be more economical, while owners are being lied to about the availability of aircraft.

4. You speak of being blacklisted by Avantair as if that would be a bad thing. From what I've heard, being blacklisted by the folks who run Avantair would be an honor, because that would mean the person being blacklisted probably is an honorable person with integrity- the type scumbags can't stand.

5. To those folks who wish to work for your operation, I wish them the best. But they should be warned, if they want to work for a company that is run by honest people, a company that cares about them, a company that knows success is a two- way street between company and employee, then they should move on.

B19 Flyer, many people know who you are. The folks I'm writing on behalf of want me to pass along that no matter how many people you may fool, you know the truth about many things that you lie about. One can only hope that one day your lies catch up to you. Good luck.

I don't know the true story because I am not an Avantair employee, but you realize that all growth companies experience teething pains at times - especially during the unstructured beginning phase. Do you think Netjets was perfect during its growth phase? It's not perfect now. Are the wrong people sometimes mistakenly employed by growth companies out of necessity? What growth company hasn't had managers who actually lacked good managerial experience? I can't think of any. Do some people enter into growth companies with unrealistically high expectations (that the necessary processes and managerial talent will be in place from the beginning)? Yes. Growth is never easy and either the company adapts and improves or it withers and dies.

Of course people appreciate the "real story," but these same people should also understand that growing a company is never easy. Growing a successful company is even more difficult if you employ pessimistic naysayers who can't stop complaining because the company isn't fulfilling his/her expectations fast enough. If someone wants certainty and complete security, perhaps that person should work for the Postal Service. That's my $0.02.

Mr. Pebbles said:
Hey pal, I just write what I'm told to say. Interesting that your own employees are too afraid to even post here because of the possible repercussions should their identity be found out. .

I call bull*hit on you again. B/c I am an employee and I will say, the company might have some issues. But which company doesnt. As great as Net Jets and Citation shares might be I guarantee you that they all have employees that have to B*tch about something. Or there's always a few that have "the facts" about what's really going on. The fact is, you know nothing about what is really going on, no one really does. So sit down, shut up and stop trying to "help out" your fellow flightinfo members with your trash. We heard you the first time, yeah "this company is the worst" blah blah blah, but every other employee here will say what I say. This company isn't perfect, but it has alot and I mean alot of potential and we really wont know of anything until the MBAA "exibition".

Latest resources

Back