Avantair called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi guys, its me, Murf!

Wow…all of this time has gone by...and still my name is being tossed about. Why I’m not sure. I thought the final salvos were fired a long time ago, and I have purposely stayed out of the weekly drama that is Avantair, motivated as much by my desire to simply move on as it was by threatening lawyers, attempted character defamation and ridiculous statements to the FAA (on record with the feds) about my mental stability made by those still in charge. This was an attempt on their part to explain the recent events of the time. I don’t need to go into what was said, those who said it know too well ….and to show just how childish it was, I am again a PIC and a D.O. on a 135 certificate, something that simply would not have been allowed had those statements made to the FAA been remotely true. The reality is that I and the others who were on the certificate were trusted and respected by the administration, something that can’t be said about some others at the company and their track record with the FAA.
I never claimed to be the best D.O. during my time there, but I claim to have tried my best and I worked as hard as I could to keep the company growing…safely! Things like SOPs and accountability in records, following the regs, proper MX procedures…these were the things I focused on, with the help of others who worked as hard as I did. I went to bat for a place I loved, at the request of a CEO that was a good friend, and despite the craziness that has gone on since, I wish those I know the very best. A lot of lives and jobs are on the line.
In short, my conscious is clear, and I know I did what I could for the company, including the pilots flying the line. Those who came to me with issues know this; I know it too. This is why I’m shocked to see that, even now, my name is linked with this constant badgering back and forth between a few people, some of whom ought to know that they have better things to do (like run their company) than waste time on a website for line pilots. Since they are aware that many of you are concerned about the stability of things, they should dispel rumors in a company oriented, professional manner, instead of logging on here under yet another chat name and pushing their loyalty-first slant pretending to be just another pilot. They have more important things to do.
I have no plans to pursue this further on this forum. I saw that my name was being tossed around, I responded to that, and that’s it. I WILL SAY THIS THOUGH …this forum, good or bad, is a place where people should be free to speak their minds, without fear of reprisal. This has happened in the past, I know it, and those who perpetrated it know it. If I do hear of a single person punished for simply writing his opinion, whatever it may be, I WILL let it be known HOW anonymity was breached in the past.
That said, I’m hoping those involved and I have an understanding. Best of luck to the pilots; while you have serious issues to deal with, there IS a lot to look forward to, if things are handled correctly. I wish you all the best.
Hugs and Stuff
Murf
To the others,
BITE ME!

Hi!

Does Avantair have a MKE base?

If not, do they have ORD or MDW?

What is it like to fly for Avantair? How fast is capt upgrade?

I was interested in finding out about what Avantair was like. I think if some of U guys want to attack each other u should start a new thread...
"The Current/Former Avantair Employees Pummeling Each Other Thread"
Actually, that is a good idea. I'll start it and U guys can take it over there.

cliff
YIP

You're a good man murf.

Whoa there Flybet finally something you and I agree on. I know Murf- have for some time and he is a good man. Does this mean that we can be friends now? I hope so. :beer: And no, I'm not a former department manager like B19 flyer accused me of, just someone who hates scumbags.

Whoa there Flybet finally something you and I agree on. I know Murf- have for some time and he is a good man. Does this mean that we can be friends now? I hope so. :beer: And no, I'm not a former department manager like B19 flyer accused me of, just someone who hates scumbags.

Well then we all need to go and party!! get a little drunk! and then go flying :eek:

Hi!

Does Avantair have a MKE base?

If not, do they have ORD or MDW?

What is it like to fly for Avantair? How fast is capt upgrade?

I was interested in finding out about what Avantair was like. I think if some of U guys want to attack each other u should start a new thread...
"The Current/Former Avantair Employees Pummeling Each Other Thread"
Actually, that is a good idea. I'll start it and U guys can take it over there.

cliff
YIP

Alrighty, well yeah, they have ORD as one of their gateway cities. There was one guy in my class who was a MKE guy flying out of ORD. Anyway, I like the airplane, I really enjoy the type of flying. Been doing it for a couple of years so I like it better than the typical airline. Captain upgrade is said to be a year or so, we'll see here in a couple of months... Make friends with an Avantair employee so you can get the real scoop of what's going on.
Oh yeah, get going on that thread, i wanna see that started by morning :D

MOD INPUT

Guys....Enough already with the personal threats. You all know this is not allowed. I dont want to close the thread but at this rate I will have no choice.

LH

Latest resources

Back